“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Castres, France
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Been to this restaurant twice and was unimpressed both times. To be fair, on both occasions I was part of a very large group, so I understand is a lot more difficult for the staff, however the fact that we had to wait for at least 20 minutes before we even got our drinks is unacceptable, it was then an hour and a half wait for our food. We received no apology and when we asked about the delay we were told "they were busy". In my opinion the food is, at best, average, lacking in spice and flavour, warm rather than hot, and everything tasted the same. I know many people that rate this restaurant, so maybe with a smaller group they can provide a higher standard, but I will not be going back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Mur-de-Barrez, France
“The hottest thing is the radiator”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The flavours of Mexico: spices, herbs, salsa, chilli, lime....... Dream on.
Unless we picked a particularly off night, this is not deserving the #3 spot on the restaurant listing in Castres.
On advice of previous comments I ordered mozzarella sticks for starters and nachos for my main course.
The guacamole was utterly bland, matching the mozzarella sticks perfectly in that sense.
The nachos.....normally a heady mix of coriander, hot spicy salsa, melting cheese glueing together your crisps. Well, this was not it.
Refried beans with a tiny bit of cheese was the only thing warm, covered with tortilla crisps, bland guacamole, a coursely chopped tomato and a raw onion. That was it.
The ribs my husband ordered were better but not living up to expectation.
When we were given the menu to order desert but no order was taken for a good 10-15 minutes we decided that our appreciation of the hot radiator was not sufficient to stay any longer.
Positive points: staff are smiley and dogs are allowed in.
Sorry guys ..... I had high hopes but won't be repeating my visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
holywood, co down
“good value and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

one of the few restaurants open on a cold January Sunday night but well worth the visit - generous helpings of delicious food - steaks are great as was the tex-mex mix.

Visited January 2013
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

If you like Tex Mex, this is the place for you. A little piece of the Wild West slap bang in the middle of Castres!

We found the staff here very attentive and helpful, and the menu was varied, within of course the Tex Mex theme. Food was grilled on a barbeque at the bar, and here I saw the biggest, thickest steak I have ever seen in my life!

Our meals were delicious and the portion sizes meant we had no room for dessert. Doggy bags are offered if you can't manage to clear your plate. Definitely give it a go if you are in the area.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
manciet, france
“Totally unfrench and wild decour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This restaurant has made a huge effort to not be French, that is that it lives up to its name and does not make food that is from French staples, so no oysters, foie gras or duck. the menu is very Tex Mex and the meat is cooked on an open charcoal grill - Very tasty, large portions and very friendly service - Beer is a little steep but is imported brands

• Visited October 2012