“Caribou Anyone?” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Caribou Anyone?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Very unique in food choices and atmosphere! Menu consisted of such fare as Bison, Caribou and Salmon. Casual and relaxed atmosphere with a homey feel. Large portions that were beautifully presented. Service was wonderful! Our waiter(owner?) was very nice and graciously seated us early when we showed up shortly after 6 (not realizing the restaurant didn't open until 7) Our total bill for 5 people was 160 Euro with everyone having plenty of wine and ordering desert. A little hard to find since it is located down an alleyway behind the cathedral..but well worth looking for. Main dishes were between 14 and 19 euros. the salads were all meals by themselves and ran between 8.50 to 11 euro. The deserts were huge and were around 7 euros.

• Visited November 2013

Nantwich, Cheshire
“A taste of Canada snuck away in Metz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Am I glad I referred to Trip Advisor before setting off to Metz! We would never have discovered Canada 'Venture given it is hidden away right next to the river front. A sheer delight from start to finish. Setting the tone was the warm welcome from our gracious host, yet it was the decor and ambiance that linger in the memory. Beautifully crafted surroundings festooned with Canadian trinkets and memorabilia, with a real authentic vibe. The food was outstanding, first time I had attempted bison and it won't be the last! The apricot beer was nectar as well.

Metz is a much undiscovered city and this strikes me as an undiscovered gem of a restaurant. Highly recommended and a place I most certainly aspire to return to.

• Visited September 2013
Berlin, Germany
“One of my favorite places in Metz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Metz is my hometown and I can't remember this restaurant not existing. I went there more or less often when I lived in the area and almost everytime I'm in Metz, I go there with a bunch of friends and we're always delighted. The food is great, the staff is extremly friendly, the athmosphere is awesome. I can only recomment it if you're in the city centre and are looking for a nice and cosy and friendly and tasty restaurant. Great value. I just love the caribou and the buffalo!

• Visited May 2013
Skipton
“Just what we needed - good food and service in Metz centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was our first night in Metz and we were looking for good food, not too expensive with a warm welcome close to the cathedrale. This was perfect with the owner going out of his way to help us with the menu, explaining the dishes to help our choices.
I can't understand why it wasn't busier except that it is off the main squares and thoroughfares - however I would much rather eat here than in some of the more tourist traps on the main square in Metz.. A very good range of food to choose from which suited us and the two children very well indeed.
Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Midwest
“Warm and inviting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Small, welcoming eatery around the corner from the cathedral. We were there with a party of 5 on a Thursday evening at 8pm. I'm guessing there were 20-30 tables and probably a dozen of them were occupied. Plentiful portions - most of us chose one of the set/plate price menu options. Fairly rustic interior. If you like Brownies, you'll find this dessert choice over the top good. With a bottle of wine our group of five tab was 140 euro.

• Visited November 2012