“Fantastic stay in lovely Limoges!” 5 of 5 stars

2 nights = up to 40% off
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Limoges
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay in lovely Limoges!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for aweekend in October. I am very fussy about my hotels and spend ages analysing everythign to mak esure I chose the best one. I am also a bargain hunter so I am always on the look out for a good deal. I liked th elocation of the hotel, it was great value and it looked nice so I booked it.
Upon arrival as we pulled up in the square and saw the dated exterior above the reception I had that sinking feeling but once inside things improved. First thing i noticed was it smelled lovely, the reception staff were delightful and once we got to out spacious room with huge balcony overlooking the square I was sure I had made a good choice. Yes it is dated or 'tired' but it is scrupulosly clean, the bed is huge and comfy and it felt really nice, a warm homely feel if a little old fashioned in decor. Bearing in mind we were paying 59 euros per night for both of us, it would be churlish and illl mannered to moan about the colour of the paint on the walls.

We slept really well, the location was fantastic, right in the middle of all roads that lead around delightful Limoges, the cathedral, river and beautiful little cobbled streets lined with adorable boutiques and some of the best furniture stores I have ever been in. We walked for miles, it was just a lovely, lovely place!
The hotel even provide a cute day pack rucksack stuffed with goodies, bottled water, treats and croissants! I found it on our bed and was just thrilled, what a lovely little touch! We took it out with us on our walks and still have it now.
Breakfast was AMAZING! ONE OF THE BEST CHOICE BUFFETS i HAVE EVER SEEN, JUST DELICIOUS!
All in all, this hotel is brilliant. Great value and added extras make it a must stay for me. Yes I like my luxury and I love my elegant decor but this little place is just fab and I didn't need anything fancy on thsi occassion to make me happy. STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Most if not all rooms face the sqaure and have a balcony so no need to ask for a special one, thsi p...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
0505, Gérant at Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.

My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.

Concerning the hotel front, this one was recently renovated

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in your hotel Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin.

François ROULIERE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed there for three nights in a superior room.
The room had a balcony and was facing one of the city main square but that square is quite ugly so would be you, no need to take the upgrade.
I think the last time they renovated the room was ten or more years ago as the furnitures are very old style.
However the hotel was very clean and the service was good.
There is also a direct access to the underground carpark which is quite nice.
The very negative point: the shower didn't have any shower curtain or door and everyday we got a full water flooding in our bathroom.
But I recommend this hotel if you stay in Limoges.

• Stayed December 2012
0505, Gérant at Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

The last renovation of the "Superior" room is in 2006 and the next should begin during year 2013.

LONDON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed at his Mercure on a drive to the South of France. Very good hotel with excellent staff. It's in a busy area with no free parking. There is an public car park under the hotel which is well used and very well lit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
0505, Gérant at Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin, responded to this review, December 15, 2012

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We were booked into Mercure limoges for four nights, ideally located at the Place De La Republique in the town centre close to some excellent resteraunts. Parking isn't ideal, trying to find a spot outsidere the hotel isn't easy, there is however an underground carpark (with access from the hotel) which is handy although its fairly expensive. The reception staff were pleasant and extremely helpfull. We had booked a superior room with a balcony. The room was spacious And clean, the bathroom was ok , a bit of a mystery as to why there is no shower curtain. Breakfast was excellent with a wide range of cereals, etc. All in all a very nice hotel for a short break and I would recommend the Mercure Limoges to anyone travelling to Limoges

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
0505, Gérant at Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin was a three star hotel, upgraded to four during the summer of 2012, and well deserved.

I stayed there two nights 11 to 13 October 2012, with an organised group, the weather was warm. The hotel has two lifts, my bedroom was on the 4th floor next to the quiet lifts. The room was very large overlooking the street, the windows opened fully, a large double comfortable bed. It contained a desk and chairs, cupboard and hanging space, a flat screen Sharp television fitted to the wall, an air conditioning unit, a fridge with two bottles of complimentary mineral water, which is replaced when used everyday, and a kettle with complimentary teas and coffee.

The bedroom was airy, good lighting throughout, the room was fully carpeted, and no noise whatsoever. There was enough room virtually for a five-a-side football match.

The bathroom had white tiles, plenty of towels, contained a bath-shower and toilet, it resembled a cricket long wicket, you will be bowled over here.

The two dinners and the high quality buffet breakfasts will set you up for the day, it would take time to write everything that was on display, a very large selection. But this Mercure does not have a luncheon or evening meal restaurant, the dinners were taken as part of the group.

There is a bar near the reception area and the staff at the Mercure speak English and were helpful.

The hotel is situated in the town centre, out of the main door, and you are in it. Well known top brand shops, next to the hotel is Galleries Lafayette, a previous well known retailer from the UK. you have restaurants, bars, coffee houses, patisserie, chocolate shops everything is here. Not necessary for the Hotel Mercure to offer lunch and dinners, you can lunch and dine and relax in Limoges.

The popluation of Limoges is approximately 104,000, when I went to the shops, I can speak some French to get by, but got answers back in English. The people are friendly, I would of liked to have spent more time in Limoges at this hotel, and deserves top marks throughout.

Room Tip: Fourth floor, room 401....next to the quiet lifts...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
0505, Gérant at Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin, responded to this review, October 22, 2012

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I found the receptionist to be quite nice and the rooms to be decent. We were only there one night and we arrived late but it was good for what we needed. The room actually had quite a nice view and had a good decor. One weird thing is that the elevator didn't go all the way to the garage so you had to walk up a half floor to get to it. Normally this isn't an issue but with our big heavy bags it was a bit annoying.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
0505, Gérant at Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin, responded to this review, October 8, 2012

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Although looking very tired on the outside and having a bit of repair inside the hotel is fine. The rooms are spacious and we had one with a balcony overlooking the square which would definitely recommend. Parking was nearby or outside for free after 6pm. I noted some comments about no shower screen and have to agree, the bathroom was flooded after you used it and there was no way of stopping it!

Room Tip: Book one with a balcony overlooking the square
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
0505, Gérant at Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

François ROULIERE

Been to Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin? Share your experiences!