I stayed here with my partner for aweekend in October. I am very fussy about my hotels and spend ages analysing everythign to mak esure I chose the best one. I am also a bargain hunter so I am always on the look out for a good deal. I liked th elocation of the hotel, it was great value and it looked nice so I booked it.
Upon arrival as we pulled up in the square and saw the dated exterior above the reception I had that sinking feeling but once inside things improved. First thing i noticed was it smelled lovely, the reception staff were delightful and once we got to out spacious room with huge balcony overlooking the square I was sure I had made a good choice. Yes it is dated or 'tired' but it is scrupulosly clean, the bed is huge and comfy and it felt really nice, a warm homely feel if a little old fashioned in decor. Bearing in mind we were paying 59 euros per night for both of us, it would be churlish and illl mannered to moan about the colour of the paint on the walls.
We slept really well, the location was fantastic, right in the middle of all roads that lead around delightful Limoges, the cathedral, river and beautiful little cobbled streets lined with adorable boutiques and some of the best furniture stores I have ever been in. We walked for miles, it was just a lovely, lovely place!
The hotel even provide a cute day pack rucksack stuffed with goodies, bottled water, treats and croissants! I found it on our bed and was just thrilled, what a lovely little touch! We took it out with us on our walks and still have it now.
Breakfast was AMAZING! ONE OF THE BEST CHOICE BUFFETS i HAVE EVER SEEN, JUST DELICIOUS!
All in all, this hotel is brilliant. Great value and added extras make it a must stay for me. Yes I like my luxury and I love my elegant decor but this little place is just fab and I didn't need anything fancy on thsi occassion to make me happy. STAY HERE!
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin Hotel
- Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin Hotel Limoges
- Accor Limoges Royal Limousin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernity and comfort, two assets which characterize this non-smoking hotel in the contemporary style, where you can rest serenely. Place of exchanges and conviviality find here all the services necessary for a stay adapted to your needs. Its central situation is ideal to take advantage of all the leisure activities and the advantages of the metropolis Limousine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Mercure Limoges Royal Limousin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.