“A prison” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 86 Hotels in Montpellier
London, United Kingdom
“A prison”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Well where do I start. four of usWent here on the understanding this was the second rated romantic hotel well we were greeted with two guys who couldn't speak a word of English and tried to check us in.all they wanted to do was sell us a breakfast and must of asked us ten times in the end we decided yes.when we arrived every window was shuttered up only the main door was open as I looked around out side I thought the place had been vandalised as there were about 5 of the 10 wall lights left and where they were missing was bare wires just left.there was about 6 tables set out but only 4 chairs which were occupied by a couple of local French men so first impressions were not good.
THE ROOMS
well where do I start as I opened the door I was confronted with a bed
Which had white stains on the cover and was about 6 inches of the floor the room was painted in the most disgusting dark purple and the chair and table looked like something that had come out of the local tip. I opened the curtains to find a big steel shutter so opened it to let some light and air in. We had a toilet which had no door on and was right next to the window then there was the shower it took nearly 20 mins to get the hot water through then to find there was no where to hang the shower head so I had to hold up myself. And somewhere to hang my clothes well that was just a rack on the wall the tiled floor was full of cracks and had ant powder around the edges and the air con was a pipe in the ceiling which you couldn't control. So if watching your partner go to the toilet whilst your sitting on the bed 8 feet away is romantic then you best go to a prison cell for free and at least they have a door for privacy.
CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
A split tea bag piece of bread and a croissant we then had to try and explain which was a task that we wanted some sugar and butter and jam all that for 5€.we then was asked many times if want breakfast the next morning and we had dent even finished this one. We came back to this place after a day out hoping for a drinks and a evening mill to find the whole place shuttered up and that was how it remained.
So all I can say about this place is it's a long way from a hotel and is nothing like it is advertised I would say I have visited better homeless hostels and would not recommend a normal couple to visit this place cos you would be disappointed and if you notice on here most the reviews are French I rest my case

Room Tip: No one there only when we got there pestered us to have breakfast so we give in to get brad and jam...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Hotel Le Saint-Eloi? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Le Saint-Eloi

Address: 27 av Prof Grasset, 34000 Montpellier, France
Location: France > Languedoc-Roussillon > Herault > Montpellier
Bar / Lounge Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 86 Hotels in Montpellier
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Le Saint-Eloi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Le Saint-Eloi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.