“Nice evening out” 4 of 5 stars

+33 (0)468476661
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 271 Restaurants in Carcassonne
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
miami
“Nice evening out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went to this restaurant due to the reviews. Please read the whole thing. There are great places all around the "Cite"! I wanted to finally try the cassoulet. (did the set menu) It was very good. My wife had the steak which was very tender. We made a reservation earlier in the day which was the right thing to do. They were turning people away or say people who didn't want to wait. Thought the service was great. Now, I know some people felt like they were rushed. Well, the waiter was very "blunt" and rapid for asking about our order. Now, let me explain! He was like that with everybody regardless where you were from. When my wife ordered the steak, he asked her how she wanted it. Before, she could answer he said medium. I get the feeling people order rare and in France when they say RARE--it’s rare. (My mistake years ago) The steak was perfect at medium! I told him as we ordered that we are here to dine. He smiled. Let me just say we didn't feel rushed and were amused the running around of the staff of serving up and being attentive. We ran out of water and just had to catch someone's attention to be served. Would have gone back if we were staying there again and enjoyed the service and food. Oh, the evening view outside was great! Thanks for a nice evening!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Montpellier, France
“slow down guys!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This place is very well placed overlooking the castle and the old town of Carcassonne, but it's sadly far from charming. The service is far too quick - the staff hardly looks you in the eyes and sometimes they are actually running between tables. I was actually feeling stressed and finished my meal faster than I normally would have. The guys working here seems like nice people, but they seriously have to calm down.

Foodwise, I must say that I wasn't impressed. The prices are not high, but the food quality isn't that good either. The salad (starter) was nice and all, but the fish was overcooked and the accompanying rice very, very boring. Bread must improve as well - we're in France for God's sake! It seems that the crême brulée is the only home made dessert, but sadly it was too sweet for my taste. Very big portion though!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Watertown, Massachusetts
“Great for simple cassoulet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our wonderful innkeeper made us a reservation at Adelaide because we wanted cassoulet for dinner. Being a heavy dish, many restaurants' versions will overwhelm the out-of=towner. Also, as our inn keeper described, it's a "young" restaurant in that the staff and management are all about under 35. The crown varied in age, though, and many were speaking English. Where as most meals in France took us 2-2.5 hours, our meal at Adelaide felt a little more rushed (which was fine). Bottles of wine are soooo cheap by American standards (13 Euro for a bottle of Rose). The dinner was not terribly expensive, either. The cassoulet was FABULOUS and service was friendly. My husband had steak which was also tasty. I had a funky version of gazpacho as an "entree" (appetizer); it was pureed rather than a chunky tomato soup. It was light and good, though. I would definitely go here if it's your first night in La Cite. But next time we visit this medieval town we will search out a less touristy place.

Visited June 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“Nice spot to rest and delicious cassoulet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you find yourself in Carcassonne at the height of tourist season you're going to need a place to sit, rest and relax, to get away from the chaos roaming the streets. Well, Adelaide is by no means a place of total peace and quiet it is a nice place to sit, sip some delicious Languedoc rose and have a scrumptious lunch. I had the cassoulet -- a local speciality -- and it was indeed very tasty. Get the small portion, though!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alberta
“So good we ate there twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a very popular restaurant and you must make a reservation. It is well priced and the food is just super. It is a little tricky to find but it is worth the looking. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We first ate there for lunch and then made supper reservations. There was a line to get in. We had a set menu and when we wanted to change the dessert to a more expensive one they just added on the difference. The house wine was good. There soup was to die for. We had it for both meals. We could easily have eaten it again. I would strongly recommend this restaurant which is also featured in many of the travel books. Great restaurant in a cool city.

• Visited June 2013