“Sums up the south of France.......” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bristol
“Sums up the south of France.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This restaurant is tucked away in the medieval city of Aigues-Mortes, however find it, enjoy the food and relax...... I have just had probably the best desert I have ever had....... Pure and simple, the very best local raspberries with Chantilly cream, sounds basic, but absolute perfection! The hot Oyster starter is also great, this is not a 'tourist' restaurant, just good food, cooked well in the most amazing setting. Don't believe any reviews that say otherwise........

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Antibes, France
“Ambience and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Situated within the walls of the city, the restaurant itself had thick walls 16/17th century walls as well. Fortunately the cooking is well up to date and there is a good choice from set menus and the a la carte alike. I had a smoked salmon lasagne as a starter which was delicately and lightly done and was delicious. The Dorade Royal that followed was perfectly cooked with some nice vegetables. The verveine sorbet was a first for me and delicious. Wine did not cost an arm and a leg and many were sourced locally.

Visited October 2012
USA-Southeast
“Excellent meal, fresh and delicious seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had dinner here the night we stayed at Villa Mazarin (within easy walking distance) and had a wonderful meal. We weren't very hungry, so we just ordered entrees a la carte and some wine. I ordered the Fricassée de homard aux champignons--Lobster fricassee with fresh mushrooms in a cream sauce, served with fresh pasta which was simply DELICIOUS. My husband had La rouille du pêcheur (poulpes, pommes de terre et aïoli)--octopus with potatoes and aioli--again, DELICIOUS. Yes, I'm writing in all caps because our meal was simply fabulous. Even though we didn't order anything else except wine and water, we were brought amuse bouche to start with and a small glass of chocolate mousse to finish our meals. Excellent food, the freshest lobster I've had in years. HIghly recommend.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sete, France
“I would return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We had the menu 'déjeuner'. All 4 of us were pleased with what we ate; it is a lovely dining room, quiet and well equipped (linen table cloths and napkins etc.) which should be expected in a Michelin restaurant. At 20€ good value for money. We appreciated the "mises en bouches" and the "petits fours" which came with the café. Service was efficient if not as attentive as it could have been: nobody asked if we were satisfied or whether we had enjoyed our meal.
My one major disappointment was due to the menus: I had chosen the restaurant on the basis of the menus on the website. The menus outside the restaurant and the menus we were handed at table were totally different; the menu "déjeuner" was not the one we we were offered, which did not exist in printed form, implying it had been changed a third time. We were disappointed by the "encornets farcis" which were chewy and the stuffing was sweet. The starters: tarte de tomate and salade composée were delicious as was the flan for dessert. We decided overall that the restaurant was worth returning to.