“An idiotic restaurant in the middle of fields on vines” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Ipswich
“An idiotic restaurant in the middle of fields on vines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Have eaten here on a number of occasions. Recently helped a friend celebrate her 60th birthday. My partner is a vegetarian and was well served by the veggie options.

86% Recommend
Bellegarde-du-Razes, France
“Wonderful for special occasions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I took my mum there with some friends for her birthday. The setting is magical in the middle of vineyards where restaurant gayda have their own domain. The wines are excellent; we brought an American friend who bought a whole case of their succulent wine to bring back home! The food is very sophisticated and delicious. I really recommend this special place for a special occasion or even for a business lunch. I remember with nostalgy I decided then to buy a house in village, Bellegarde du Razes and never regretted since....

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leran, France
“Fine wine and gastronomy in magnificent setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

On a crisp and sunny day, from the restaurant terrace, one can relax with a delicious meal and lovely bottle of the domaine's wine while breathing in the vista: in the horizon the pyrennees show off as the background of vineyards and rolling hills. What could be better for a sunday lunch.

• Visited May 2013
Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings on food and srvice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Pleasant restaurant staff and beautiful setting although service seemed to be intermittent and we waited longer than expected. The food was enjoyable but we have found other local restaurants offering excellent food and service with the final bill less than Domaine Gaysa.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Highlands
“A wonderful birthday meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife & I were staying in a gite at nearby Alaigne, the owners of which told us about Domaine Gayda when we asked about a suitable venue for my birthday meal. Our eldest son flew from UK to join us (and indeed pay for the meal as his present!)
What a perfect location! The views over the beautiful surrounding countryside, and the sunset, were outstanding; but surpassed by the excellence of the menu, the quality of the food and the efficient service.
It happened that my birthday was a Sunday, and on that evening there is a fixed menu with appropriate wines from the estate included. The price for this package was unbelievably reasonable.
My only minor regret was that I was the only driver in our party and so I had to pass on most of the wine!