We just completed a stay at this Hilton Property, using points. For about $40,000 points a night, we got a nice large upgraded room with a pretty view of the gardens. The people who delivered ice, cleaned the rooms, were very nice. There were umbrellas in each lobby available for borrowing. Some nice touches.
We did have a few problems:
1) The refrigerator did not work, and when we reported it, we were told that it WAS working, and to wait an hour. After an hour, we reported again that it was not working, and asked for ice. We were sent ice, and a message that a repair person was on the way. No one ever showed up. We reported it a third time the next day, and were told we could change rooms if we wanted after a repairman came and declared it dead.
2) The light in the bathroom was blinking on and off, and after the same three requests and non-responses, it still as not fixed by the time we left. A little problem, but for what Hilton probably charges for these rooms, it should have been fixed.
There were a few things I'd recommend, though, for this hotel, and other Waldorf brands to bring them all up to the level, at least as far as how gold and diamond members are treated:
1) offer a US-style electric outlet in the rooms, or at least offer loaner convertors, even with a deposit required. Charging 15 euros for something that costs 3 euros in an electronics store is just annoying
2) offer breakfast to gold and diamond members, or get an executive lounge. I'm quite used to this kind of treatment at regular Hiltons, that it's a disappointment when I don't have access to one here.
3) we were given a coupon for two free drinks at checkin, but only good for the first night. So many people fly in from overseas that they are often jetlagged the first night. How about letting us use those coupons any night? What's the difference?
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
First of all, we would like to thank you for staying at Trianon Palace.
We carefully read your constructive comments and shared them with all the concerned people. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had and thank you for drawing our attention about the voucher for the drink you had to have only on the first day.
We do hope that you will have the opportunity to come back to our property.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.