“Perfect by the Potagerie” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Versailles

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Versailles
Villa Versailles
6 rue Borgnis Desbordes, 78000 Versailles, France   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Versailles B&B and Inns
“Perfect by the Potagerie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011 via mobile

We loved this luxurious space just a short walk away from the Potagerie. Superfriendly, superclean and excellent value for money. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed July 2011

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

My wife and I went to see Versailles and didn't want to rush it with a day trip.

We looked for a place to stay for the night and hoped we could find one which had the feel of a 4 or 5 star hotel with the personalized charm of a Bed & Breakfast.

Villa Versailles was just that: a beautiful, well-designed, slightly minimalist one-story house next to the main residence. Everything has been hand chosen by the owner, who decorated it as one would like to find in every nice hotel room.

You don't overlook anything grand, but the purpose of the location was to be in walking distance of the castle.

What we didn't expect was how kind the host would be. A mother of 2 she was really delightful and funny, and took the time to prepare a scrumptious breakfast and to give us good tips.

I wouldn't go anywhere else if I had to do it again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

What a delightful place to stay. It was an out building that was completely renovated two years ago and they did a lovely job. Vanessa, the hostess, is a lovely woman with lots of great advice about what to see and where to go in Versailles which is a much bigger place than it looks on a map.

It is very large and spacious with a luxurious bathroom. The only fault is that there is not on site parking. We had to park about half a kilometer away on the outskirts of town. We were a little nervous leaving the car in the woods but everything was fine as this is where the locals leave their cars. Despite this, I wish that we could have spent longer here and will stay here when we are in Paris again as it is huge compared to the size of room you can expect in Paris and you can easily get to Paris on the RER.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

My husband, 2 teenage sons & myself have just returned from holiday. After a fantastic, and busy week in Paris we spent the next 5 days exploring Versailles at a slightly slower pace. From Gare Rive Gauche it is only a 10 minute walk, easy with rolling bags. Our home base was a little house in the historic Saint-Louis quarter, across the garden of the home of our hostess, Vanessa. Our breakfasts were delicious and filling, delivered to us each morning. She was always available to answer any questions and to offer valuable information about the town and it's many events and activities. After a too short visit to Versailles last year during a week in Paris, I knew I wanted to come back with my sons, but stay longer and explore more. I believe the town of Versailles is overlooked by many tourists, who understandably focus on the Palace but try to see everything in a day. It is barely possible to see the entire Palace grounds in one day! We spent 2 full days at the Palace, then took Vanessa's advice re: self guided walking tours and other interesting parts of the city to explore- Parc Balbi, Swiss Eau, Potager du Roi, etc. There are wonderful shops and markets as well as excellent restaurants. We had a few lovely dinners, one on Rue de Satory with a view of the Palace. We even returned to Paris for an afternoon to visit a museum we had missed (Carnavalet, was still closed- technical problems, so got to hang out in Jardin de Lux again, yeah). So you can still have Paris too!
I loved the charming,stylish little house, it had everything I needed. I think it would be a perfect romantic getaway. For our family, it was a bit tight, the boys (17 & 18) were not keen on their fold out bed- would be fine for smaller children. If an internet connection is important, check availability in advance.
Thank you again, Vanessa. I look forward to a return visit to Versailles.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Quality was excellent, in personal attendance to our needs as well as familiarity with the area. Safe and convenient to Palace and grounds, local restaurants within walking, train to Paris as well. Breakfasts were outstanding, anything we wanted. Rooms were quiet and comfortable. Plenty of hot water in super clean area. Bed was not as comfortable as accustomed to but good. I would stay again anytime.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
westerham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

We are reluctant to mention this jewel in Versailles, because we want to keep it all to ourselves! Truly magnificent, private apartment, the most friendly of welcomes. Wonderful, wonderful french home cooking, served on your own terrace. We walked to the palace and town every day and a trip to Paris in less than half an hour! Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Villa Versailles for only a short while, though we both wish it could have been longer. It offered complete privacy as it was separated from the main house, and included everything we could have wanted. From a sitting room with a nice tv and couch to a little kitchette with a table -- the rooms were cozy and tidy. I especially enjoyed the extra long bath tub and big comfy towels after a long day of sight seeing. The owner, Vanessa, was very genial and enjoyed providing us with everything we needed and more than we asked for. Without a doubt, it was a wonderful place to stay, and both my husband and I hope to go back soon!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Versailles? Share your experiences!