“Four very memorable and wonderful tour experiences” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 19 Activities in Versailles
More attraction details
Owner description: PRIVATE TOURS PARIS was founded 9 years ago in 2005.We are a group of 15 experienced, professional, licensed guides (the only guides that are allowed by the French Ministry of Culture to guide within all the museums and official monuments in France).All our guides have their own little, special field of expertise (HISTORY former history teachers, ART (Ecole du Louvre), ARCHITECTURE, SOCIOLOGY (specialized in children tours) etc.Languages spoken: english, german, spanish, italian, dutch, portuguese and more…Our experience allows us to adapt to the wishes and needs of our clients to make them ours.The guides are also the drivers. They pick you up at your hotel or apartment and bring you back there again at the end of the tour. We use a fleet of luxurious and recent, air-conditioned minivans (Mercedes Benz).All our efforts serve one single purpose: to make our clients happy
Park Ridge, New Jersey
“Four very memorable and wonderful tour experiences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2014 NEW

My wife and I plus one friend took four Private Tours this past May: three with Pierre-Yves (8-9 hrs of the whole city of Paris; Giverney; and Chartres) and one full-day with Jack to Normandy (Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, US and German cemeteries, et al.). All three of us were unanimous that all four tours were well worth the money for all aspects -- from the ease of travel, the wonderful conviviality of these tour guides, and the very personal flow of conversation that really allowed one to tap into the knowledge base of these guides. Plus, another feature of these tours is that because it is YOUR tour only, you set the pace. There were moments when we got meditative in a German bunker and Jack just let us be -- to think about what happened there, to stroll around and let history sink in. The same with Pierre-Yves on numerous occasions on our three tours with him: who else and on what other "tour" would a guide like Pierre-Yves sense you are getting overwhelmed by the beauty you are encountering in the dark innards of Chartres and just let you be, just let you sit down and soak it all in -- no rush, no thirty other people getting antsy to move on. These tours made our ten days in Paris really memorable, allowing the French culture to sink in, the history to overwhelm one's brain, and the art to inspire. An added bonus was that both Pierre-Yves and Jack were genuinely fine and wonderful people to be with. We enjoyed sharing meals with them like they were family and they were generous in sharing from their respective funds of knowledge and in helping with the French language. We'll book more tours in the future with this company when we return to Paris in the spring.

Visited May 2014

Indiana
3 attraction reviews
“One day in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

We spent one weekend in Paris during our 12 day stay in Europe. One weekend is not enough to experience Paris properly. However, we were able to make the most of one full day by booking the Private Tour and spending our day with Christian. There would have been no way we could have seen as much of the city, including the Louvre, had we not taken advantage of this service. Our teenage children enjoyed the experience, and can't wait for the opportunity to return. I am very grateful that we were able to book the tour and spend the day the way we did. Great pace, never rushed, but always entertained whether it was in easy conversation or as we made our way past points of interest. One of my favorite days.

Bolton England
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a private tour of Versaille accompanied by our guide, Emanuelle. The whole experience was highly enjoyable. Very informative, patient and accommodating. Versaille is a beautiful, fascinating place to visit. Picked up and dropped off exactly as arranged. Highly recommended

Jakarta, Indonesia
“8-hours Paris private tour with Christian Rouhaud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2014

I had an excellent and memorable experience when I was in Paris on 23rd Nov 2014 for a 8-hours Paris tour. My private tour guide is Mr.Christian Rouhaud, He is very good and a nice guy and so knowledgeable of all historical Paris as well as modern Paris. I would highly recommend to anyone who is visiting Paris and for those who want to experience the detailed of Paris history and places of wonderful architecture.

I had a good tour with Private Tours Paris (PTP), everything is arranged well and they don't miss a single detail. I was already traveling for the past 2 weeks for a business trip in Germany before I went to Switzerland and finally in Paris. I can see the arrangement was perfect although I had not been in contact with PTP for the last 3 weeks, at the very last minute I contacted PTP and the response was fast. They told me Christian will be at the front platform of my TGV train from Bern Switzerland, and there he was. He was on time and holding a board with my name on it, I felt so privileged.

Without spending more time, we were already rolling in the roads of Paris until the end of 8 hours tour. I would say for you those first-timers, a day tour for Paris is not enough but it gives you a overall overview for your next thorough visit and you should spend more time in detailing every single thing you are interested in.

Christian was so knowledgeable and I would suggest you to get yourself prepared a bit about the history and other things about France before you take a tour with him, otherwise it would be difficult to follow all the details and you have no time to note a thing, because he is giving you all information you could ever digest. It is the excellent of his professionalism and i will strongly recommend Christian for your tour guide.

I am satisfied and I would like to wish Christian a successful career ahead.
à bientôt

“Very good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014 via mobile

We booked a full day tour inclusive boat trip on the river Seine. Very good minivan, excellent tour guide who showed us everything we wanted to see in Paris. He explained a lot, let us step out where we wanted and adviced us for the rest of our stay in Paris. It is worth the price.