“My Paris trip” 5 of 5 stars

Paris, France
Ahmedabad, India
“My Paris trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

I have just returned from USA, and arrived at Paris Appartment, this appartments are specially for Tourist, and well equipped and magnificent and I have never experienced such incredible system before.
They provided all necessary things in the appartment. The appartment which they have alloted me was Effile tower facing. Here I must mentioned in French they call "tour effiel" pronounced "tourafil" .
Anyways view from my appartment window was awesome, I can see Effil tower and River Siene. this river passing through centre of Paris city.
I found perician are very busy in their life but also cool and co-operative, You will surely face problem many places if you dont know little french word. I would suggest to learn few word of French so that would be easier for you to travel within the city.
Transportation in paris city is very easy and fast excess. You can have one temporary travelling pass and get excess to Metro train, city bus and bicycle.
Weather was so nice and Street were very clean, I appreciate perisian traffic sense.
Shopkeeper were very helpfull and always ready to for demostration of their profuct.
I love Area like Saint Micheal and Chatele.
If you wanna do your shopping you must go to Chatele area and i prefere to walk to enjoy paris.
Overall, I would say... Once you have visited Paris, every time Paris will be your first choice.
-Asif VOHRA

Santa Rosa, CA
“Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

We loved Paris, the sub way system is fantastic, we traveled the entire city of the sub ways.

florida
“The other side of Paris”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Although Paris is a beautiful city I feel it is overrated. I traveled to Paris July of 2010 with my husband and granddaughter we had high expectations. Yes, the museums are amazing, and there are many beautiful buildings however if you travel outside of the center of the city to where the real people live you find a lot of cramped apartments, dirty streets and many immigrants living at poverty level. The city is expensive for travelers, a three star hotel is really a one star by our standards in the US.
We had a terrible time with bedbugs , which I had never experienced before and I pray never will again. We found the locals to be cold snobs , not to glad to have American visitors or our dollars. We really have to do something about the value of the dollar!
We used the public transportation system which is fabulous if you can get someone to help you. The bus drivers where rude and unwilling to help even in the heart of the tourist areas.
The food is good but the portions are very small and again terribly expensive. The service at most restaurants was miserable by our standards.however the hot chocolate was amazing.
Watch out for the pick pockets at most tourist destinations.
I guess everyone has to see Paris at least once in their lifetime. I certainly will never return. There are so many other places to see and visit . Some of of my favorite places in Europe are Gibraltar, Venice, in the USA , Alaska and San Francisco, and in Canada, Toronto.

Rockaway Park, New York
“travelling alone to france”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

i was much suprised how well i got along even though i didnt know the language and it seemed that not many people there seemed to speak english. but i was treated well and i had a great time touring the city

Ottawa
“Ohh Paris!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

This past Spring, a few friends and I took a side trip while visiting the UK to head to Paris, France. It was amazing! The sights, the restaurants and the peopel were all amazing! My favorite part of the trip was going to the Moulin Rouge show. That is an absolute must, as well as going to all the big attractions. One tip, if you are going to the Eiffel Tower at night make sure you go before midnight. At midnight they turn the lights off. We had just settled to take our pictures over the bridge when all the lights went out. It was not funny at the time. Also try going on to the side streets in the less touristy areas for great restaurants finds.

Been to Paris? Share your experiences!