“My Favorite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Tastevin

Le Tastevin
46, rue Saint-Louis-en-l'Ile 75004, 75004 Paris, France (Ile de la Cite / Ile Saint-Louis)
+33 1 43 54 17 31
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Le Tastevin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #477 of 13,870 Restaurants in Paris
Neighborhood: Ile de la Cite / Ile Saint-Louis
Seattle
“My Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

When I arrive in Paris, I head to Le Tastevin. I've been eating here for many years, and always feel at home. It is family owned, and the owner-hostess is always charming and sees to your every need. Her son has been working with her for years and the service is always excellent.
It is not the cheapest restaurant on the Ile Saint-Louis.

Easiest access from the Right Bank is to take the Metro to Pont Marie Station and then walk across the Port Marie to the Ile Saint-Louis. Easy to find. During peak travel periods, would highly recommend reservations!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“One of our best dinners in Paris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Our family of four had a wonderful dinner here - this restaurant had the whole package; atmosphere, value for money, great service and terrific food and wine, The apple tart for dessert was our favorite part of the meal, closely followed by the veal cutlet with mushrooms. You can also try the famous Bertillon icecrem here in some of the desserts - yum! Service was thoughtful and warm and we enjoyed walking around the local area after dinner. Thank you for a wonderful evening.

• Visited January 2013
Acworth, Georgia
“Great New Years Eve dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We reserved a table for 9 people at this restaurant based on reviews here on TripAdvisor a month in advance for New Years Eve. After arriving for dinner I realized that the entire restaurant can only seat around 25 people.
The owner spent time with us and did a great job of explaining the New Years Eve menu. She doesn't offer the menu in English. Her son is part of the wait staff and did a great job. The food was out of this world. Hands down the best meal we had the entire week. Every dish that was served, and with nine people we had quite a selection, was incredible. Not one complaint from my party, which is very unusual. Dinner was a fixed price of $85 Euro each.

The building that the restaurant is located in was built in 1620. Very rustic feel and romantic.
One note of caution, if you're eating here late it can be dificult to find a taxi in the area. We used EcoCab and made reservations to be picked up at a certain time.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Berlin, Germany
“The best escargot in the world in my very favorite restaurant anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been to Le Tastevin many times, on several trips to Paris. By myself, with family, with friends, and for romantic dinners for two. The escargot are beyond compare, and every main course dish I have ever had there has been excellent - and my standards are high. The owner is everything you would hope for to provide the best attention to service, ambiance, and of course the food. The wines are selected carefully and all I have had are superb. This is the quintessential dining experience in Paris for a real Parisian meal with nothing overdone or touristy, a quaint and charming setting, and a superb meal. The emphasis is on quality not on anything phoney. Bon appetit.

• Visited March 2012
Carmel, Indiana
“Wonderful French experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were with our son and daughter in law in Paris and my son had heard through Yelp about this restaurant. We had a wonderful time. My son spoke some German; the rest of us spoke only English. The mother and son owners were very helpful and kind when it came to ordering. I had the beef stew, my husband had the lamb, and my son and daughter-in-law both ordered the Chateaubriand. The food was excellent; service excellent. It's a small, very intimate setting. It was our first night in Paris and a wonderful way to start our time there. I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited October 2012