“Goose, goose, duck!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Au Petit Sud Ouest

Au Petit Sud Ouest
46, Avenue de la Bourdonnais, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)
+33.1.45.55.59.59
Description: Closed on Sunday and Monday
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Goose, goose, duck!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Such a fun and delicious meal. Went with my son this summer, both of us foie gras and duck aficionados. This dinner was the culmination of our trip to Paris and exceeded our expectations. Service was awesome, atmosphere homey and friendly, food was delicious, especially the raw foie gras and seared duck liver. Great value for the food quality. Although very friendly and accommodating to tourists, they seem to have a local following (all diners around us were Parisians).

• Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Quacker of a meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We visited this restaurant for our wedding anniversary based on the reviews and had a very enjoyable evening. The service was very friendly and the staff amazing. The lady that served us (sorry I don’t remember her name) was an absolute delight and happy to converse in English or put up with our poor French. One thing that should be noted is that the specialty is Duck and if you like duck.. you should definitely make a point of going there. This was one small point we were not aware of, which I didn’t mind as I LOVE duck but my wife isn't such a great fan but still found the meal very enjoyable.

Paris, France
“Home cooked food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

A local to the area and a frequent visitor to the restaurant!
Love the feeling of home from the cooking right through to the decor!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I found this place on T.A. because my wife and I were going to the Eiffel Tower for my birthday. After watching the sunset from the top of the tower we made our way over to the restaurant. The walk is short from the tower which was good because we were hungry. When we approached we could see it was packed, outside and inside. We had reservations so we were seated promptly. The selection of wines was excellent without killing a dining budget. The pan seared foie gras was to die for sublime in it's depth of delight. I had the Confit duck leg and my had Cassoulet canard both divine but the best part was the service. This is a family operation and these people truly love what they do. This was without a doubt the best meal I had in Paris.

• Visited October 2013
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Superb.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Absolutely loved our meal here. It was our last night in Paris and we had eaten a lot of fantastic food, but this was our favourite. Cute and cozy restaurant with toasters on each table so that you can cook your toast for your foie gras! The owner is amazing - terribly friendly and keen to do what she can so that you enjoy your night. In addition to advice regarding the menu and wine selections, she also gave my husband some pork to nibble on as I am allergic to it! The food was fantastic - best foie gras we have ever eaten, spectacular confit duck and great cream brûlée in three different flavours. Highly recommended.