“Bad experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of ANGELINA

ANGELINA
PALAIS DES CONGRES, Paris, France (Batignolles-Monceau)
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,165 of 13,448 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Batignolles-Monceau
Milan, Italy
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The inside looks fabulous, but the service is very poor. The first waitress told us that brunch was over at 1am. The second one told us that it was not over, but brought everything in 5 minutes, taking plates away while we were still eating. The food is not bad, but the experience as a whole very disappointing.

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
london
“Really wanted to go here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Angelina was on my list of things to do.....trouble was we didn't get there until late (we had 20 minutes-which isn't enough) and our waitress was quite rude too. I think that you would enjoy the experience if you had longer and nearer the beginning of the day so that everything is available

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great pastries, tea and of course hot chocolate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

You may know this place because it is famous for its super rich hot chocolate. It's more like drinking melted chocolate than the hot cocoa you may have grown up drinking. I was actually a little bit uninterested based on a lot of the reviews I have read saying how thick it was, but it's fabulous.
We decided to get some and give it a whirl. They only serve it in one size and a cup is still only about half full but that is really all you want because it is very sweet and very rich.

On very cold rainy day it is a fantastic treat. It's not as thick as I had imagined. Yes, it's thicker than typical American hot cocoa but not too much so. One cup is enough to share unless you just really want a chocolate coma. We enjoyed it so much that we had it again at their location at Versailles. We also got several patries which were excellent and some tea which was also very nice. We ended up falling in love with the chocolate and buying a large bag to bring home and make our own.

Tips for those visiting the main location. The line at the front door is only to get a table inside. If you just want your cocoa and pastries to go go past the line to the door on the right and when you enter immediately turn right and you'll see the pastry counter.

Bayonne, New Jersey, USA
“Lovely breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

After striking out at another restaurant who required reservations for breakfast (even on a Wednesday morning!) we went to Angelina's as it was the only place that was open early and not in a hotel. We were sat promptly and indulged in the breakfast which included pastries, bread, eggs, fruit salad and a hot and cold beverage. We left stuffed! So much food and it is worth the price, especially if you are in the mood for a big breakfast (many restaurants don't even have breakfast service). We got the eggs scrambled, my husband didn't really like it as it was loose and too creamy for his taste but I loved it. I think the waitress forgot to serve us the fruit salad as she gave us the check and we paid, then she must have realized and served it. We weren't planning on making a big deal as we were so full but it was nice to have a little cup of fruit to cleanse our palate. The hot chocolate was amazing. The dining room is gorgeous and very elegant, it was the perfect last morning to spend in Paris. We would definitely go back!

Visited November 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of my fave spots in paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Although this is from our most recent trip in Jan 2013 when I brought my husband to Angelina for the first time, this review represents dozens of trips here over the years. Love the space, the decor, the multi-course brunch, the fact that tourists and Parisians sit side-by-side (at very small tables) enjoying themselves for hours. I've been here as a couple, with friends who'd gotten engaged the night before, with a group that needed strong coffee and lots of carbs after a Saturday night out. If anyone asks if they can pick me up something while in Paris, I always request the chocolat African.

Only issue would be the long lines but if you're buying to go, you can usually walk in and out. I also appreciate that the staff doesn't rush you at all, despite the queue of others trying to get in.

Visited January 2013