“The view is amazing and food is good.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Les Ombres

Les Ombres
27,Quai Branly, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)
01 47 53 68 00
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Les Ombres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,144 of 13,448 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: African, Contemporary, Central American, Fusion
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon
Mesquite, Texas
“The view is amazing and food is good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was mine and my husbands 1st time in Paris. We really wanted to have dinner on the Eiffel tower but there was no availability for the dates we were there. I found this restaurant through a trip advisory thread about restaurants near the Eiffel tower. All I can say is WOW the view is really amazing, we brought home some wonderful pictures. The food and service are good, our waiter was friendly. The price is a bit on the pricey side but not as expensive as dinning at the Eiffel tower would have been. The view at dinner was exactly what we wanted our experience to be. I think we made a great decision in choosing the Le Ombres we would dine here again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Paris, France
“Go there for the view, take pictures... And run away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We wanted to go to Les Ombres for my boyfriend's birthday, visiting me in Paris. We were supposed to be a group of 15 people. So we decided to go there (a week in advance) and try to book for good tables. And yea, the view is amazing! However, we were received by people who didn't care nor know anything about customer service and who thought they could afford being unrespectful.

1. They refused to book nice tables for us because they "didn't know how the tables would be arranged on that day", and after 15 minutes arguing they dared say that they had "more important people" who might be coming... Wow! Too bad, because on that special occasion, I would have spent my arms and legs on champagne, food, wine and cakes. But hey, how could you possibly know that when I am young and not wearing Prada.

2. As we were trying to understand what was the real issue (they had plenty of tables available but didn't want to book), that lady was giving excuses that didn't make sense at all and the manager arrived. So the lady explained him that we were insisting and that we were unhappy. And he said in French, not knowing I would understand, that "if they're not happy, the exit is that way". Message received.

3. I had a voucher of 200 euros (exclusive restaurants), and Les Ombres was one of the restaurants we could use it at. So I showed it to the lady and asked if I could book with. She went again to the manager and came back saying we can't use this kind of vouchers here. So I told them I was surprised because their restaurant is on the website. Then magic occurred: she left again and came back to say that oh, I was right, it was a mistake. Really?!.

4. So eventually we decide to make a "temporary booking", I give them my contact details and they would send me in the afternoon the menu from the chef for me to accept and confirm the booking before paying a deposit (first time I see that in a restaurant). ... Well, it's been 3 weeks now.. Still waiting for the email !

So needless to say we got out of here never to come back again.

I am glad to read the food is awful. What a waste it would have been to go there.

As a conclusion : go there for a walk on the balcony, take some pictures and run away!

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Let down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I took my girlfriend here for our 2 year anniversary and our first impression of the restaurant was nothing less than amazing. Great view which had you in awe. However, the food was disgusting. Seriously, it came to just over 100 euros for the two of us and I left the restaurant hungry.
Though, the service was very good and two waiters were very nice and welcoming.
For a restaurant you want everything to be nice and for a lunch to be that expensive I expected the food to be very good but it was nothing short of horrible. Don't go.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Luton, United Kingdom
“Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was very excited to go to this restaurant after seeing the top of it from the Eiffel Tower. I have really had high expectations due to the location and obviously - the prices. We were aware of the prices before entering so we really did hope for something good.
The atmosphere was ok. Not much more to say about that. The only thing that brightened it up was that I had a wonderful view of the Eiffel Tower to my left. However, the view did not help to save the awful food that was served. I mean, as a young person I am satisfied with a cheap Chinese takeaway as long as it has sweet and sour chicken and some prawn fried rice.
So really, I am not a food snob but like anyone I can tell you if something just tastes... bad.
So I ordered the Calamari dish with some rice. To my surprise there was a lot of calamari but that didn't help as it was just tasteless. The rice that was served was burnt. It didn't look burnt but it literally tasted like burnt toast. My boyfriend ordered some beef. He said it was quite nice however the portion was very, very small. I don't think it would fill up a five year old. In the end he added that he had better beef in a normal pub in England.
The desserts were just average if not worse.
I think that prices like at Les Ombres are acceptable if the food really is of high quality. But unfortunately it tastes like crap and we went to a McDonalds after. It is so clear that they aim to rip off tourists as they even charge 8 euros for coke and even water.
Service was quite nice though...

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sea Girt, New Jersey
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Last night I took my adult children to what we hoped would be a New Years Eve we would always remember . We will but only because the food was so bad. When we walked in the room and saw the Eiffel Tower right in front of us we had high hopes for an extraordinary evening. It was down hill from there. Over the course of 4 hours each serving was worse and worse and the only amusement for us was watching the reaction of the other guests as they tasted what ever horrible thing wAs put before us. Don't do it!! It's awful!!
Io