“A little Italy in Paris - fantastico!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ozio

Ozio
29 bis, rue St Didier, 75016 Paris, France (Trocadero)
01 47 27 20 70
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,575 of 13,200 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trocadero
London UK
“A little Italy in Paris - fantastico!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My mum and I were staying in Serris and wanted to see the Eiffel Tower before our flight home, after looking around the gardens and sights we looked around the area near Trocadero metro station for an Italian restaurant. After passing a few cafes we walked up Av. Raymond Poincare and noticed the Ozio Italian restaurant sign third street up on the left.

We are so glad we found this restaurant - it was modern, elegant and classy, the staff were helpful and welcoming (they speak good English and a menu is in English - if French isn't your first language!) and the food was excellent. We both ordered the Tagliatelle Primavera (is the pasta homemade? It tasted like it was - very good) and the desserts were the Pistachio ice cream and Nutella sweet pizza (calzone) - yummy! The Pino Grigio and Bellini drinks were also spot on.

The setting is lovely and it is the kind of place where you could take the family for lunch or have a romantic meal with your partner. We wish we had Ozio here in London - but it'll definitely be a place we visit next time we are in Paris. Thank you all the staff at Ozio.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor Member
“Terrific italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Just loved it. Friendly, efficient without being rushed. Great food well priced. Will go here again.

Irvington, New York
“Very nice experience...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Le Parc Trocadero....Ozio was just 2 blocks away and we really enjoyed our meal...salad with artichokes, tomatoes, olives and shaved parmesan; grilled sea bass with artichokes...then we finished with the ice cream with zabaglione! The waiter then bought us a grappa and limoncello....magic!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“How unfortunate”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I live just minutes from Ozio and had been meaning to give this place a try.
After reading the reviews I was feeling pretty good about this place, especially because they have English menus.
We got to the restaurant at about 9:15 and it was quite busy but were seated in less than 10 minutes, that's about the extent of positive things I have to say about our visit.
I ordered risotto and he ordered the veal scallops with spaghetti and ordered at the exact same time as the French couple beside us. After 15 minutes the couple beside us received their food, 10 minutes later we received ours.
My risotto looked great and my boyfriend's "veal" was about the size of a small child which was a little overwhelming seeing as we're both from North America and are accustomed to large food portions but this was huge. After cutting into this cutlet we soon realized why it was so big, it was chicken not veal. This was quite disappointing but neither of us like to make a scene in restaurants so we went about our dinner. The chicken cutlet and spaghetti were nothing special and the same quality could be found in any other restaurant to be quite honest. The risotto could have been thicker and the hair in it was not quite my taste. At this point we were pretty ready to get out of there. When the server returned with our change he had shorted us two euros, nice.....

Needless to say we will not be going back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Open Sunday night. Yay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have recently moved to Paris and our old routine in Australia was to eat out at a cheap and cheerful place every Sunday night. It is a little harder in our area (16th) or Paris as many places are closed. So finding the small smattering of places that aren't Brasseries is a welcome change.
Ozio is walking distance and from the moment we walked in on a cold Winter's night, to the moment we ventured out again, we felt like we were welcome.Plenty of choice on the menu which is displayed outside the door in French and English. Once again, our limited French (it's getting better!) was greeted with better English from our very friendly waiter. He was also helpful in suggesting dishes after we asked how big the petit/grand servings of Bruschetta were. We wanted a couple of dishes to share between us and our 14 year old son (who eats as an adult does) so he suggested the small Brushcetta and the Mozarella Impanate (crumbed, fried mozzarella). It was a good choice, as was the Italian wine he recommended. The salad garnishes were lovely and fresh to cleanse the palate before mains too.
For mains we had Pizza, Linguine Vongole and I had the Pollo Bresaola, the closest thing to a Parmiggiana (but different) they had.
Now. I have a problem with pizza in France. I have forgotten how it is done in Italy but I have grown to love the crispy base we used to get in Australia. Not flaky/hard/crispy, but firm enough for you to pick up in your hand, which is the essence of pizza to me. In Paris so far, every base we have is soft and doughy in the middle and I was hoping this would be different. It wasn't. I think I have to accept that this is the way pizza is like here. Oh well.
The linguine vongole was great, still in the shells with an accompanying bowl for the empties. My Chicken was a little dried out on the edges where it was thin but perfect nearer the centre where it was more even. We were even brought an extra little bowl of the house tomato sauce (not "ketchup") as we were audibly cooing over it. Our water bottle was replaced without requesting it. Our wine was topped almost quicker than we drank it and we were checked on regularly. All this whilst the restaurant was filling up with a family friendly local atmosphere.

I especially liked the way the waiter could converse with our son as easily as the adults, not to mention the complimentary Limoncello at the end...even for the 14 year old once approved by us. It was a relaxed, family, local feel with good wholesome Italian food. Recommended.

• Visited December 2012