“A Great Bistro” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Au Rocher de Cancale

Au Rocher de Cancale
78 rue Montorgueil, 75002 Paris, France (Opera / Bourse)
01 42 33 50 29
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Dusseldorf, Germany
“A Great Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We wandered into the place based on how good the meals looked in the outdoor eating area. The waitress was friendly & helpful getting our kids something to eat (no kids menu). The wine was delicious, the food very tasty & the atmosphere buzzing. One person in our group ordered the scallop & shrimp kebabs & the scallops were cooked to perfection! A great find on a busy street!

Visited December 2012

Singapore, Singapore
“Great service! Good basic food for a lunch with friends.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I enjoyed a number of great afternoons dining here with friends, enjoying a perfectly cooked entrecôte with haricot vert and a decent glass of wine. Great service, strong wifi and a waitress/waiter with a smile. Refreshing really. Can recommend as a great place to meet for a casual bite in a great location.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

this restaurant used to serve good food. unfortunately, it has changed a lot. I ordered a cheeseburger, but the meat wasn't thawed enough ... I sent it back twice, because after waiting 15' it wasn't even warm when it came back. horrible moment for me, but also for the waitress who tried her utmost.
The other plates of my friends were acceptable, however one cannot call it 'cuisine', it is just food assembled together
I will never go again to this restaurant.

sorry for my english, I'm french

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bowral, New South Wales, Australia
“Great food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This bistro on the Rue Montorgeuil was a highlight on our 3 days in Paris this time. We had a small table on the street. The waiters were very attentive and had taken our order and laid the table with no fuss. The entrees came quickly and were delicious - especially the grilled camembert with honey and herbs and the ravioli de royan. All the food was well prepared and presented and for 2 courses and a bottle of wine for 3 people, we felt it was 100 Euro well spent.

Visited August 2012
Wicklow
“Very poor meal, great location & good buzz....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I'm a regular visitor to Paris & I love this part of the city. This restaurant always seems to be busy & the outside has undergone a fantastic renovation in the past year. I had a very average meal there a couple of years ago but I decided to try it again. The menu offers typical French bistro food which is exactly what I wanted. I opted for steak, frites & both were dreadful. The steak was tough & the chips were greasy & awful. I definitely won't go back...

• Visited July 2012