“Bad service and food to match” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Les Cocottes de Christian Constant

Les Cocottes de Christian Constant
135 Rue Saint-Dominique, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #632 of 13,398 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon
“Bad service and food to match”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Waited for 15 mins trying to get the attention of the waitress to order. By the time I was able to order the couple that were seated at the same time as us had finished their starter. I ordered the pumpkin soup, my partner ordered the starter of the day- scallops. At this point we also ordered wine and water. About 20 mins later still no starter. The waitress finally came to us but to ask did we get our starter. I advised no and again she disappeared. On return from the kitchen she advised they could not serve my partners starter as 'a machine' in the kitchen was broken- I'm astonished they could not have advised this within a reasonable time after the order was placed. 40 mins later we finally got our staters- nothing special, adequate. At this point still no water so asked the waitress again for this. We both went for the main of the day which was John Dory pasta. I like my pasta al dente but not uncooked as it was served. A lot of it was completely hard and un editable. The lady dining beside us seem to have the same issue as she soon handed the dish back to the waitress. After a third time of asking finally got our water. Nothing we ate here tasted special and I would highly recommend to try somewhere else, the service is one thing but if such a renowned restaurant cannot cook a simple thing like pasta then it's really not worth your money!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Botucatu, São Paulo, Brazil
“Really good food, not so good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have been there with my wife at the end of the lunchtime.
We enjoyed the atmosphere and the menu.
The food was really good and the duck fillet was perfect.
The service was not so good and the waitress smiled only when she saw the tip.
For a starter, main course and dessert, we spent about 60 euros (without beverages).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect food, wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I had our first dinner here on our recent trip to Paris. Not only was the food delicious, the service was wonderful. Guidebooks tell you that restaurants in Paris often have poor or slow service. This was not the case here. Our server was attentive but also gave us plenty of time to enjoy our 3-course meal. I highly recommend the langoustine pasta, the potatoes stuffed with pigs feet and the waffle dipped in caramel sauce. Delish! We got there around 7pm on a Tuesday night and it was still busy even though we were sat fairly quickly. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Parigi
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had dinner at this place after reading ta reviews and I must say that we did not find it this amazing:

-service: the three waitresses are too busy to give you much attention. You cannot reserve a table so we got there at 8 pm and waited 30 minutes to get a table
-place: to small to keep up with all the people inside
-food: our expectations were definitely too high as the food was not so tasty and there was surely too much butter in everything (the only thing we could actually taste). For startes we chose a pumpkins soup (nice) and a tuna and Aubergine jelly. Regarding the cocottes we ordered a noix de saint Jacques (too much butter and vegetables were not good) and a cod fillet one (tasteless)...the wine choice is nice and not too expensive

In the end more than 70 euros were a too high rice for the service and food quality offered. We do not recommend this place.

London, United Kingdom
“Relaxed dining experience, great food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend went for a meal at 19:45 on a Friday evening, we got a table straight away and had an excellent french waitress who was fluent in English. I had the special of the day to start; pigeon breast with asparagus and the milk fed lamb for main course,both where excellent, my girlfriend has butternut soup and then squid for main, also excellent. We had the table for quite a few hours as we had some desert, two bottles of wine and coffee. We never felt rushed or under pressure from the friendly and charming waiting staff. Can't wait to go back again soon.

Visited March 2014