“Problem with the food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Cafe des Anges

Le Cafe des Anges
66, Rue de la Roquette, 75011 Paris, France (République)
+33 1 47 00 00 63
Neighborhood: République
Paris, France
“Problem with the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went there with friends on a Friday night, the place is fine, service ok, prices ok, and I thought food was good.... only thing is I noticed that my chicken seemed uncooked in the middle, but I thought it was maybe just because of the dim light. But the day after I got sick and got my confirmation that it was really raw in the middle... It's unacceptable for a restaurant not to be able to cook its chicken without making people sick!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Staying just off Rue De Roquette, this cafe bar was a must to visit, mainly due to the fact that it was nearly full each night with a small amount of tourists but a high number of locals. Staff were friendly and efficient and all had a good command of English but allowed us to practise our French. Food was reasonable and plentiful, mainly "something" and frites type dishes or salads; boeuf tartare was delicious! Go for breakfast, it'll be cheaper than your hotel or pop in for a drink. Nice atmosphere, would recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
maidstone, england
“What a find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Ate here twice during our 4 day stay, really, its a great little find. First time we wanted a cheese board and some wine, we ordered two, but the waitress said, they are really big only one will be needed, how right she was, the cheese was divine, a goats cheese with peppers, brie, a sort of cheddar, lots of bread. Excellent, the second time was the Sunday, she was apologetic that there was no dish of the day, but that was no problem, we had pork with chips, oh wow, it dropped off the bone, the meat was so tender, the chips were great (and this is from someone who doesnt really like them!) and there was bread, We followed this with a chocolate mousse, you have to try that too. The staff on both occasions were attentive, polite, helpful, spoke english better than my french, tho they let me practise quite patiently. It was well attended by what seemed like lots of locals.

The wine was great, had both red and rose. A briliant find. Will definitely be going back on a future visit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Nice cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had a good meal here. It wasn't our first choice but it was one of the few places that had the kitchen open at the time. My lamb shank was quite good but my wife's fish was just okay. The place is cute and the wait staff were very nice. I'd try them again if I were nearby.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
columbus
“Best of the best in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Parisians know "good food". Any places I have dined in Paris, I have never been disappointed with what I was served. My husband and I stayed in the little apartment in Bastille and asked local people for their favorite restaurant. None had to hesitate to point this cafe and it is our favorite in the world after 4 visits as well. First off, the food is incredibly tasty! Then, atmosphere is very casual like any other cafe. Price is reasonable ( actually, I consider it is under-priced considering taste! it certainly is not tourist spot price for sure!) Selection is not overwhelming but enough to choose from including chief's daily recommendations which run out if you are not paying attention. Service is wonderful. Bathroom is clean(believe me, it's important in Paris!) The place is always filled with loyal customers that we frequently had to squeeze ourselves to tiny corner table. This one is hidden treasure from tourists. Menu is written in French only. I recommend you to bring translation tool.
If we have chance to visit Paris, we will definitely make this place to our destination!

• Visited April 2013