“Great little bistro, off the beaten track” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le 14 Juillet

Le 14 Juillet
99 rue Didot, 75014 Paris, France (Montparnasse)
01 40 44 91 19
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Le 14 Juillet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #813 of 13,398 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Paris, France
“Great little bistro, off the beaten track”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I was taken here by some french colleagues, for a work lunch. The food was excellent, and i would recommend it to anyone looking for good bistro food at not expensive prices.
The restaurant is a bit pokey, but the service was attentive without being intrusive and was also quick.
I had the salmon for my main which was delicious, and for dessert i had the tiramasu which i would say was one of the top V tiramasu's i've ever had... (and i've had a few tiramasu's in my time!)
some of my colleagues ordered the profiterole's with the homemade chocolate sauce...they looked scrumptious but like a meal in themselves!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“LA profiteroles!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

We were in Paris for a weekend and headed here for a Friday night meal. Small, cosy, full of a mix of couples and larger groups of friends. The hard-working waiters were nevertheless attentive. As other reviewers have mentioned the menu is on A3-sized blackboards which our waiter was happy to help us translate. I had a delicious steak (remember the French cook their steaks a grade rarer than in the UK - I ordered Medium/Rare and got Rare whereas the guy on the table next to me had a steak which looked a bit blue! My wife had a delicious white fish with a butter/white wine sauce which she loved. But their profiteroles seem to be there signature dish, there's certainly a bit of a buzz created whenever someone orders them. A single large profiterole of choux pastry with ice-cream rather than cream then the waiter comes out with a bowl of chocolate sauce and a ladle. Warning - if you don't want a bowl of chocolate sauce tell them you only want a little. I thought it was amusing that on the menu they're called 'LA profiteroles'. A really nice feeling about this restaurant. Informal, unpretentious. I'd recommend.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“One of the highlights of our stay in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Just back from a short 5 day trip to Paris with wife and two kids (9 & 10). This restaurant was a short skip from where we were staying. Great fun, friendly staff and good (not out of this world, just good) food. We just loved the atmosphere of the place and the kids enjoyed it as well. Try the Pot de Terrine as a starter ... a big pot of terrine arrives over with a jug of pickles and a basket of bread and you just help yourself to as much as you like!!

It's small and cozy and worth a visit.

Visited August 2011
Paris
“Restaurant to be avoided”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Noisy place. Overpriced poor wines served at the wrong temperature. Tasteless food.Kitchen opening into the restroom !!! A tourist trap to be avoided.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“A birthday to remember!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Since I was born on le 14 juillet, I just HAD to eat here on le 14 juillet, and I couldn't have made a better choice! Our server Edouard (I hope I spelled it right.) made sure we had a special dinner. He is charming and friendly and very, very attentive. I honestly think the salad was the best we've ever had - ever. And the dessert - WOW. Best. Chocolate. Ever. I highly recommend Le 14 Juillet to anyone who wants an excellent meal and an excellent dining experience.

• Visited July 2011