“The best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Little Italy Caffe

Little Italy Caffe
92,rue Montorgueil, 75002 Paris, France (Opéra)
+33 1 42 36 36 25
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,428 of 13,462 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Opéra
Description: It is not any more only in New York but also in Paris, street Montorgueil. We eat there very well, in the beautiful outside(terrace) days, among a young and trendy clientele of the district. Always crowded and noisy, we wait at the counter until the tight tables release themselves. For those who do not need a peace to eat well. A simple and pleasant cooking.
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The best Italian we have eaten at in Paris. Great service and none of the well known Parisian 'charm' that ruins a meal.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Centreville, Virginia
“Delicious little gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Found this little restaurant among the slew of other restaurants on this busy and populated street. Not knowing anything about the place we decided to give it a try. The waitstaff spoke perfect English, and were personable and helpful with the menu. We only ordered a main course, but we saw an amazing antipasti on a wooden board pass by that we immediately wish we had ordered. It looked wonderful. Our pastas, mine the Linguine Emaline, was a delicious creamy sauce with tomatoes, spinach, prosciutto and Parmesan, was unforgettable, and my friend had a pasta carbonara that was equally yummy. We each had a glass of wine, from a long page of options. The meal was perfect, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Visited June 2013
McAllen, Texas
“Great Little Italian Cafe on the Rue Montorgueil in Paris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were walking through the Rue Montorgueil in Paris and my husband just picked out this great little restaurant at random. What an enjoyable lunch! We shared a wooden board of grilled vegetables with Italian meats and mozzarella for an appetizer and then shared a homemade ravioli funghi with a delicious cheese sauce.

The server was French/American and was fun to talk to in any language! We will definitely go back to this cozy little place the next time we are in Paris. It seemed like the place for locals to have a leisurely lunch.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Sadly, not the place I remember.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I used to come here for many years to get the Linguini Alla Cataanese--an unusual pasta sauce of almonds, mint, pistachios and parsley amongst other odd-paired ingredients. It stood out to me because the flavors were so unique and I've never seen this dish anywhere else. Flash forward 3 years since the last time I was in Paris... And I read all new the reviews that say the pasta was undercooked and the food not that tasty. I'm here to, unfortunately, agree. This place has gone way down. I lived in Paris for a few months and would frequent this place often. This time, my pasta was undercooked. The sauce had no familiar flavor. The service was passable. And the environment was bright and cramped. I was planning on telling two friends to make a stop by here on their upcoming vacations... Cancelling that recommendation now.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A little gem in the heart of rue Montorgueil, always packed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

When I got in I felt like a winner...on a cold day in the middle of the week at lunchtime I got in...the place is SO packed that they had to move chairs and tables to get me (and my "soldes" / sales shopping bags) seated.
Gorgeous food, great service, very reasonable priced, and only two doors away from where I live, what do you want more?
Small but fine wine list, great coffee, delicious pasta and fab' pizzas, this place has it all!
Authentic Italian cuisine but with a modern twist, love it! A must-have-been-to place!

• Visited January 2013