“Interior let down by average food and annoying waitress” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Coupe Chou

Le Coupe Chou
9,rue Lanneau, 75005 Paris, France (Panthéon)
01 46 33 68 69
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Le Coupe Chou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #701 of 12,477 restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Panthéon
Brussels, Belgium
“Interior let down by average food and annoying waitress”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had dinner here last week having read a recommendation for it (not on Trip Advisor). The decor is lovely and very atmospheric. We waited easily 10 minutes for a menu but when we did eventually order, the food arrived extremely rapidly, perhaps microwaved, who knows. Our portions were small. My boeuf bourgignon was served in a small soup bowl, 4 pieces of meat and 2 small potatoes for about Euro 20. Just as well I wasn't starving. In contrast, the chocolate mousse was a 2-person serving. The wine was good, a pleasant Cotes de Rhone for around Euro20. What we did find very irritating was the young waitress showing off her bit of English when it was quite clear that my friend and I are competent French speakers. It was not only irritating, but rude, when she sometimes responded in English to our French. Wouldn't bother going back here.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
  • Greek first
“Amazing dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Me and my partner had a wonderful romantic dinner here. The waitress was lovely and attentive. We had the duck and beef bourguignon and both were delicious. Creme brûlée was also very good. Will definately return here when we come back to Paris.

• Visited May 2013
Dayton, OH
“great restaurant - I'd go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

excellent food and value. had dinner for 3, including drinks and dessert for 99 euro. Wonderful atmosphere, very old world. On the West Bank near the Sorbonne and Pantheon. Close to our hotel Atmospheres.

Visited May 2013
Parkland, Florida
“A Wonderful Piece of French Restaurants History”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a restaurant I used to go with my father. After several years living abroad I decided to make a reservation and experience the restaurant again. We sat by the fireplace which made the already nice atmosphere even better. The food continuous to be very good and well presented. Later we sat in the dessert room and enjoyed wonderful deserts followed by some coffee, Grand Marnier and Armagnac. I have to admit that I missed been able to have a cigar there. The service was excellent.

• Visited December 2012
Bellevue, Washington
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I'm so glad we came here. My sister's foodie friend recommended it, but hadn't been for five years so wasn't completely sure it would still be good. It is tucked away in a small little space that looks like it might be a former house. Our waitress was very sweet and attentive, the food was the best we had eaten in Paris (and all was good) and best of all the price was comparable to other places we'd eaten. My sister ate the duck and I had the veal. Both made perfectly. The Crème Brulee was divine!

• Visited April 2013