“Best kept secret in Paris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Six

You added Hotel Le Six to your Saves list
Hotel Le Six
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14, rue Stanislas, 75006 Paris, France (Saint-Germain-des-Pres)   |
Ranked #8 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
California
“Best kept secret in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

My sister and I had the great good fortune to stay at Le 6. The hotel is in a very nice, quiet, residential neighborhood near shopping and cafes. It was a charming oasis of calm after our long drive into the city from the country side. The service and attitude of the staff was incredible despite the fact that our initial reservations were at their sister hotel. We could hardly believe our good fortune when we saw our room-----spacious, well decorated, immaculate and comfortable. The beds were roomy with good qualty linens and the bathroom well equiped with towels and toiletries. There was a safe, iron/ ironing board, and a small bar with snack food and drinks at reasonable prices. Room service was speedy and with good food. A cozy breakfast room welcomed us with a variety of morning offerings as well a good coffee.
Luigi and his entire staff were personable and professional -----------they couldn't have been nicer! We were in France for 8 days and it certainly appears that we saved the best for last: American comfort and French charm.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
laguna woods,california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We have travelled the world and, considering the staff, ambiance, service and rooms this is the best boutique hoel we have ever had the pleasure staying in.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

I stayed in Hotel Le Six in April and have returned in May and will also return in June. It's a hotel with a friendly atmosphere - sincere and genuine. Staff pay attention to detail to make your stay special.

It's a price above the rest but worth it - the hotel has a small gym, a spa (massages and facials for a fee) and a hammam (free for hotel guests). I had several massages and a facial which was simply heaven. I frequented the hammam every second day - superb after a day of sightseeing. So for me, the services are special. I used the bar occassionally and had coffee in the lounge - great to have books in the shelves to read (fabulous coffee table books). The least liked service was breakfast - there is a good selection of breads and spreads (cheeses and meats) but the hot meals are not good value. I generally ate in one of the many nearby cafes (the hotel does not open the restaurant for lunch and evening meals but they do have room service).

The location is ideally located in Montparnasse, close to restaurants, parks, and especially the cinemas and theatres (which is one of the reasons I chose the hotel initially). It's also close to a metro station and getting around Paris is no problem.

The rooms are chic and comfortable. They are light and roomy. Maybe they could have an extra shelf for clothes but no great drama. The bed is just the best! The bathrooms are big - one I stayed in had a bath which was glorious. Another room just had a shower. There are wooden floorboards, slippers and a bath robe, and shampoo, shower gel and moisturizer. There is also a hair dryer. The bathroom mirror is wonderfully big and there is also a full length mirror. The decor is modern with a chair and desk (with WiFi avaiability). While I was technically on holiday I had a lot of work reports to complete and was able to attend to these in a quiet room with no distractions. The rooms are kept exceptionally clean and neat. I was also serviced with nice extra touches - like an Easter egg at Easter, and nougat for staying a lengthy period of time. Some people like wooden floorboards but I actually prefer carpet or rugs - quieter. I could sometimes hear women with high heeled shoes walking on the floorboards (and I'm sure others could hear me - but the slippers mitigate the noise).

All staff were helpful and polite. Nothing was too much trouble. Sometimes I had to wait at the bar for some time before I was served but generally it was good service. They were able to meet all my needs and expectations. The reception staff are great and very welcoming.

And I like the container of large umbrellas near the reception - very appreciative on a rainy Parisian day.

All in all, this is my hotel of choice - and I've tried several around Paris.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

We escaped for a quick weekend trip and were pleasantly surprised by our selection of Le Six. The staff, especially Luigi, were beyond gracious and helpful. The hotel is in a fantastic location for walking or taking the Metro. We look forward to our next stay.

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

Hotel Le Six is located on Rue Stanislas, a quiet street in the Montparnasse district of Paris. We arrived from our late afternoon flight feeling a bit tired and grumpy from the Air France shuttle bus. The hotel was a short walk from the bus stop near the Montparnasse Tower, which made it very easy to find from any spot in Paris. All we had to do was look for the big black tower and head in that direction.

General Information

Hotel Le Six consists of 35 rooms and six suites. It's decorated in a modern motif, with lots of reds and oranges, along with pictures of planets. There's a big screen television in the lobby. When we were there, it seemed like there was a continous fashion show going on. Hotel Le Six has a spa, a small cocktail bar (which is run on the honor system), and a small fitness room. Breakfast is offered for 22 euros per person. We did not use the spa, but the man who checked us in told us the hammam is free for guests to use as long as they make an appointment.

Check in

Checking in was a breeze. A nicely dressed young man who spoke excellent English took us to room 506, a classic (low end) room at the end of the hall.

Our room

Our classic room was fairly small and interestingly laid out. It was sort of like a horseshoe, with the bathroom on the other side of the room. There was a very comfortable king sized bed, a large window that opened into a decorated shaft, a telephone, a mini bar and a closet. The room came with free wifi; we asked for the code from the reception. There was also a small desk and a flat screen television mounted on the wall. The television got several news channels in English; I can't comment on what else was available, since my husband pretty much manned the remote. Unfortunately, the room was so small that it was hard to actually sit at the desk. I was glad to see that the room also had a coffee set up that even included hot chocolate, even if we didn't use it.

The bathroom

The bathroom had a nice tub and a rainfall shower. However, the first time I tried to get in the tub, I slipped and bruised the inside of my legs. The same thing happened to my husband when he tried it. Also, there was a screen mounted on the tub, but it didn't the greatest job keeping the water from getting on the floor. The bathroom came with high end toiletries, a towel warmer, a makeup mirror, bathrobes, and very nice, soft towels.

We found a nice welcome note left on the desk for us upon arrival. There was a magazine about Paris in English, as well as a couple of French magazines. The maid service was prompt about cleaning the room and did a very thorough job. We came back to the room on Saturday and took a nap, then went out again until the evening. When we got back, the bed was remade and turned down. Two nougats were left on our pillows. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, too.

Noise

There was very little noise to speak of at Hotel Le Six. In fact, while Montparnasse is a rather busy, bustling, noisy part of Paris, we immediately noticed a drop in the noise level as soon as we turned onto Rue Stanislas. The hotel is located on a lovely tree lined street next to a big, beautiful church. The whole area is very serene; in fact, the Luxembourg Gardens are a short walk away. If you're looking for a quiet place to sleep, Hotel Le Six is likely to fit the bill nicely. We found the bed to be very comfortable, too. I slept like a rock.

Some things to know

Hotel Le Six is not very close to the big tourist spots in Paris. We were able to walk to the Eiffel Tower, but it was a bit of a hike. Luckily, there is a metro stop very close to Hotel Le Six for those who would rather not walk. Frankly, I was kind of glad not to be right in the heart of tourist land.

Check in is at 2:00pm. Check out is at noon. One child aged 3 and under may stay for free when sharing the room with a parent. Please inform the hotel ahead of time. Small dogs can be accommodated.

There's a great sushi place right next door to the hotel, as well as a very interesting French/Iranian/Greek style restaurant at the end of Rue Stanislas. There are also several nearby good places to go for breakfast if you don't want to spend 22 euros a person for the American buffet at the hotel.

Overall

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Le Six and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. However, we would advise looking online for a good deal. Our room had a rack rate of 300 euros, which I thought was a bit expensive for what we got. The 189 euros per night rate we got from Expedia.com was more reasonable.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a week-long vacation in Paris and we absolutely adored this hotel. Our room was immaculately clean, the service was always incredibly pleasant, and it was very quiet. I have lived in Paris and have been back many times and this was by far my favorite hotel.

The rooms are quite modern in terms of decor and the bathrooms are surprisingly spacious, with great showers. We chose to upgrade to a suite, as the concierge offered it to us for a reasonable additional fee, which allowed us to check in right away (after an all-night flight) and included their delicious breakfast buffet each day. The hotel staff was very accommodating and we found the breakfast buffet to be a very nice treat every morning.

I will definitely be going back to stay at le Six on our next trip to Paris!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

An excellent hotel situated in a quiet side street, ideal to use as a base to see Paris. Arrived at Gard du Nord and battled the metro across the city to Vavin. From there a short walk to the hotel, situated not far from the Montparnasse Tower and close to a range of shops, bars, and bistros.
Staff very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Larger than expected room, stayed 3 nights. Weather was good so we were able to walk everywhere - tiring, but you get to see more and stop whenever you like. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Le Six? Share your experiences!