“A wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Six

You added Hotel Le Six to your Saves list
Hotel Le Six
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14, rue Stanislas, 75006 Paris, France (Saint-Germain-des-Pres)   |
Ranked #8 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Hertfordshire
“A wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The best thing you can say about any hotel is that you wish your stay had been longer - that's very true for me. I was only in Paris for one night but I would happily have stayed longer at this lovely hotel and will definitely go back again. The location and all the amenities are exactly as described on the website; the service was friendly, welcoming and helpful. Best of all, I got the best night's sleep I've had in ages thanks to the supremely comfortable bed. The hotel arranged reservations for dinner for us (which was excellent) and anything else we needed, they arranged. I had a standard room, which was a good size (especially for Paris). The bathroom, in particular, was great - beautiful shower and, again, roomy. Overall: comfortable, luxurious without being stuffy, friendly and charming. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Le Six for 5 nights in December 2012. My husband had a business trip that coincided with our anniversary, so the trip included business meetings as well as personal vacation time. After much research, we settled on Hotel Le Six and were very pleased with our decision.

The staff was fantastic! They were very responsive via email prior to our visit. Once we were there, they were extremely friendly, spoke excellent English, and were always ready to help with directions, restaurant recommendations, or anything else we needed. They even called for reservations or taxis as needed for us.

The location of the hotel was excellent. It is on a quieter side street, but very close to many restaurants, cafes, and shops. There are also 4 metro stations within easy walking distance - Vavin, Notre Dame de Champs, Montparnasse-Beinvenue, and Edgar Quinet. Port Royal, an RER station, is also within a 10 minute walk.

Finally, the accommodations were also very nice. The hotel was extremely clean and well-kept. Our room was large by Paris standards and easily fit a king size bed and a desk with some room to spare. The bed was very comfortable. There was a closet/armoire, a coffee/espresso machine provided, and a hair dryer provided. The bathroom was a bit small, but very modern and nice. The breakfast area, "lounge," and bar were also excellent. In fact, my husband conducted a business meeting with two other gentlemen in the hotel lounge area.

Overall, we were extremely satisfied with our stay at the Hotel Le Six and will most definitely stay there again if/when we travel to Paris in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Direction_leSix6, General Manager at Hotel Le Six, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Lisa W,

thank you for your review, I can tell you that me and the team are very proud everytime we do get a top satisfaction review.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon at the hotel le Six.

Anne and the hotel team
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here for two nights with my mum and we were both very impressed. The trip was a birthday present for my mum so I had booked a deluxe room which was spacious, modern and very comfortable. I had asked for twin beds when I booked the room but at check in, the reception told us we had been allocated a double bed. I asked them to change the room and they did, although it took about an hour longer for us to be able to use the room (this wasn't really a problem as we went out and had lunch). The room itself was really great, very modern with flat screen TV, large, modern bathroom (with a great shower) and pelntiful Molton Brown toiletries. The only tiny drawback to the room was that the sliding bathroom door stuck a few times after housekeeping had come in and couldn't be closed.The first time this happend we called the front desk and someone came up with a screwdriver (!) to unstick it. The second time it happened we were able to unstick it ourselves. This is a minor annoyance though, the hotel should make the housekeeping staff aware of this issue, it must happen a lot! Staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and recommended a few restaurants in the area. I think the area is a really great one to stay in in Paris - tonnes of metro stops close by, many nice places to eat (including tonnes of creperies), boutique shops a short walk away etc. The hotel is expensive but I would definitely recommened it and would love to stay again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dumfries, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Well, I gotta say that the reviews are true! I chose to stay here after a mishap with the original hotel I had reservations with...and I'm glad I did! My teenage daughter and I were in Paris for a week. First, the front desk staff were extremely friendly during our entire stay. They were always willing to help with reservations, restaurant suggestions and anything we needed while in our room. While the standard rooms are on the smaller side, they are clean and modern. The bathroom was a great size and the water pressure in the shower was amazing. I think the best part, however, is the location of this hotel. While, not in immediate walking distance of all the main attractions, there are 3 metro stations within a couple blocks of the hotel and the RER station 5 blocks away. This made traveling everywhere a breeze!! We saved so much money using the metro...highly suggested. There are great restaurants around the hotel, one of which is literally outside the hotel, Chez Marcel. Overall, we had an amazing experience at Hotel Le Six and definitely will return!

• Stayed December 2012
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was my husband and my first trip to Paris. The staff were so friendly and helpful. They made dinner reservations for us, called taxis when necessary, and always had great recommendations. There were also several metro stations within walking distance. The metro was super easy. I recommend splurging for a suite! it was well worth it. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Le Six for about 5 nights recently and was completely satisfied with the entire experience. The room was very comfortable and well appointed and the facilities were of very good standard. However, the best aspect of my stay was the courteous and friendly nature of the staff at the hotel. In particular, the front desk staff were marvelous. I was travelling on my own in Paris for the first time. The staff made my stay at the hotel extremely pleasant. I was surprised and delighted and will definitely stay at Hotel Le Six when I am next in Paris.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I visit Paris often and choose Le Six every time. Great location although in a quiet street. Modern, hip with everything you need for a business or city break. Staff were very attentive and friendly. If you can ask for a bigger room, some of the standard doubles can quite small, but you're in Paris, what are you hanging around the room for..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Le Six? Share your experiences!