“Nice boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Moscow
“Nice boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I would give it five stars but on my last night, the tv came on in the middle of the night and woke me up. In the morning I asked at reception if someone from the hotel had accidentally turned it on (as they are able to do in some hotels that turn on the tv and have welcome so and so on the screen when you arrive). They said they weren't able to remotely control the tvs so that was very strange. I had a hard time falling asleep again after that. I would recommend unplugging your tv at night.

The bed was very comfortable and the location was very good, just a short walk from Montparnasse and all the restaurants there. I was able to get around very easily using the Paris rental bicycles.

Each day at night, someone would knock on my door to give the breakfast menu for the next day. I didn't have a do not disturb sign on or anything but I don't see the need to personally hand everything to me. I think it's probably enough just to put the breakfast sign in the room when cleaning it, slip the bill under my door on the last night, leave water in my room when cleaning it, etc.

I requested an adapter and was told they would put a 30 euros deposit on my credit card which I thought was quite a lot because they adapters just came from some box and were probably adapters people had left behind. I understand the need to put something on the card so people don't run off with them but 30 euros is excessive for an adapter that new costs less than 5 euros.

The Molton Brown toiletries were replenished each day, even my soap was taken away and a new one given to me. While a nice gesture, I also don't see the need and it seems a bit environmentally wasteful to take away perfectly usable things. I wish they would give people the option to reuse their soap, shampoo, etc similar to the option of reusing owns sheets, towels, etc.

All in all, a very good stay. I would have liked to have stay again when I returned from Normandy but they were fully booked at that time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Direction_leSix6, General Manager at Hotel Le Six, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Madam,

thank you for your comment. We are pleased to read that you did enjoy your stay with us.

We are very sorry about the television, but do not have any explanation (you may have left the remote control on the bed and may have hit one button accidentally?), it has NEVER happened before and I am very sorry for the disturbance it has caused.

We do refresh soaps and shampoos on a daily basis as there are part of the hotel ameninites and many guests request more, if you don't use them you are very welcome to put them aside and we will re-use the untouched ones. We also do participate in an environmental protection program and offer our guests the possibility to keep the towels (there is a blue sign on the towel dryer that is easy to notice).

We wish you a lovely winter and are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

1,091 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

beautiful modern hotel. small rooms but large bath (really nice).
located very conveniently near the Notre Damme de Champs metro station - 5 minute walk from Saint Germain.
the staff was super nice and super helpful.
we really enjoyed our stay there.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I spent 11 nights at Hotel Le Six earlier this month for our honeymoon. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and courteous, helping us arrange restaurant and show reservations, directions, and general advice. The staff definitely went the extra mile and made our experience that much better. Our room was well lit and vented with two large windows and ample space for all of our luggage. My only complaint was that the closet was a bit small and so we had to keep much of our clothing in our suitcase. Otherwise, it was a flawless stay! We would definitely recommend it to others, and would return ourselves. The hotel is well situated with easy access to Metro lines 4 and 12, and there are a number of good restaurants nearby (including Chez Marcel across the street!). We will miss our time at Hotel Le Six and want to thank all of the staff for making it a memorable vacation!

Gex, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were delighted with our stay. The location was perfect - a five minute walk from two metro stations with great connections to most other metro lines. It was really nice to be able to move easily throughout the city without going through the Châtelet metro station!

The staff was very professional and extremely friendly. The room, a typical Paris size, was very modern, clean and quiet. The hotel offered a wide range of services, including a spa, room service and a bar.

We would definitely recommend the hotel and plan to stay there in future Paris trips.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for one of the rooms on the courtyard side.
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was our first trip to Paris and we were extremely impressed with Hotel le Six. It is a boutique hotel tucked away in the Latin Quarter so it doesn't have a touristy feel. The location was great with easy access to the subway at Montparnasse and many cafes and brasseries close by. The staff were extremely helpful and even provided us with umbrellas for Paris unpredictable weather. Our room was clean, comfortable and quite modern. Breakfast was included and definitely did not disappoint. We would highly recommend Le Six and would definitely return.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I extended a business trip I had in London and my wife and I went to Paris for the weekend and stayed at Hotel Le Six. It is a really comfortable boutique hotel located in the Latin Quarter, a short walk to Monparness in one direction and the Luxembourg Gardens in the other. We had a room with a small balcony. We found the room very comfortable and clean, the staff attentive and helpful and overall the hotel completely met our expectations. While not in the center of things (which is actually something we like), it is a short walk to the metro, many restaurants and a tabac where we could grab an expresso in the morning. We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a french balcony as not all have
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Returned for a second time to Hotel Le Six and wasn't disappointed.

Pros:

- Staff and service at this boutique hotel work extremely hard to make sure you enjoy your stay.
- Location is great with easy access to all the sights, good restaurants on Montparness, Laffeytte mall, Luxemberg Palace and subway
- Rooms are very contemporary and good sized for Paris

Cons:
- If possible I would recommend staying on a higher floor as sometime lower rooms are a bit noisier due to street traffic.
- Breakfast was included but options for eggs/omlettes were at charged and additional 4 Euros

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Le Six? Share your experiences!