“Best Chocolate ive tasted” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Michael Chaudun

Michael Chaudun
149, rue de lUniversite, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)
33 01 47 53 74 40
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 426 Shopping in Paris
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best Chocolate ive tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed in a little hotel in Paris and walked past this chocolate shop twice before popping in and we were so glad we did. The smell was amazing and we decided to buy a little box of pavés to try. Well we ended up going back the next day to buy a much bigger box of these little tastes of heaven. The best chocolate we have ever had. Next time we go back to Paris will we definitely be heading back to buy some more and urge anybody who likes chocolate to do the same, you wont be disappointed.

Visited October 2012

Santiago, Chile
4 attraction reviews
“My favourite chocolate shop in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I found this shop, refined yet unpretentious, just by chance when I was on my way to the Eiffel Tower. The small boxes, each containing six cubes of delicious ganache dusted with cocoa powder ("pavés") are superb. These sweets are my favourite ones among all the chocolates I have tasted in Paris.

Visited February 2012
None of your business
“The Best Chocolate I've Had So Far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My dad has a friend who lives in Paris, France, and recently, we met them for the Holidays. As a gift for me, my dad's friend bought me a box of chocolates from Michel Chaudun. He told me Michel Chaudun's chocolate was the best chocolate in all of France, and thus the best chocolate in the world. I was somewhat skeptical of this bold statement, but after tasting the chocolate, I have to admit that they were amazing. The dark chocolate wasn't too bitter, but it wasn't too sweet either. The little cubes of chocolate literally melted in my mouth when I bit into them, and even though the chocolate did not look very appealing (they were just little cubes), the taste was sensational. Seeing as how I do not live in France, I've been trying desperately to find a place that I can order these chocolates online, but it seems like the only way I'm going to get another box anytime soon is to go to Paris. Definitely the best chocolate I've had so far.

Visited December 2012
Denver, Colorado
21 attraction reviews
“If you have a passion for chocolate...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

His creations are gorgeous. Some of them are made from antique molds. After visiting 2 other chocolate boutiques in Paris and then walking into this one with my private tour guide, my eyes lit up and I knew I had found the perfect chocolate.
But it wasn’t the molded creations that got to me; it was the individual pieces. They are smaller than American filled chocolates or truffles and to try them all meant buying a hand packed kilo size box. The sample of pavé, dusted with cocoa, are addicting so I bought some of those too. I bought over $300 worth of chocolate to take home from this shop, all at once. The boxes are wrapped with ribbon and stamped with a wax seal. The squares of pavé make the most unique gifts. The chocolatier himself is the real deal, like the boy who took over from Willy Wonka.

Visited September 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Best Chocolate in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The Pave, dark chocolate truffles are far and away the best in the city and that's saying something. We went to the annual Salon du Chocolat in the fall and tried truffles from dozens of producers and Chaudun was far and away the best.

Visited December 2011