“Scary” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Luxia

You added Hotel Luxia to your Saves list
Hotel Luxia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8, Rue Sevestre | 18th Arr., 75018 Paris, France (Montmartre)   |
Ranked #1,535 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Kirkkonummi123
“Scary”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was interesting to say at least. The service wasn't very good and the hotel owner and the staff weren't friendly at all. We couldn't lock our doors at night and we we really scared. Only thing that was okay was the breakfast and there was wifi, but it cost 1 euro. My friends bed broke down when she putted her packback on it. I wouldn't go there again but for a low budget I believe it's okay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Pullman, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hotel Luxia with my university on a weekend trip. I read the reviews and was a little concerned, but trusted my university to put us up somewhere decent. I was horrified when we arrived.

When you first walk into the lobby, it's a little shabby, but not awful. What really took the cake was the rooms. To say they were dingy would be compliment. The beds were made, but the extremely light duvet (it was early February and very cold) didn't appear to have been cleaned at all. The floors were in great need of a good shampooing.

The bathroom window had two panes broken and simply covered with cardboard. The shower drain would gurgle and water would back flow into the shower floor for no apparent reason since it drained just fine.

Due to the lack of blankets and broken window the room stayed very cold.

To top it all off, our door handle was barely attached to the door. It seemed to be one hard pull away from being completely removed from the door.

Honestly, the only good thing I can say is that the breakfast of croissants, baguettes, coffee, and orange juice was pretty good.

I was incredibly disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I visited with my university. I wasn't expecting much as I read the reviews before I visited, but this hotel is just grim. It mustn't have been decorated for decades, paint falling from the ceilings, splashes and writing up the walls from previous visitors. cracks in the bathroom sink and a large hole in the side of the bath covered by a piece of cardboard and brown tape. some serious maintenance issues with this hotel. I was surprised that maids had come into the room to make the beds. not much cleaning though, they folded up used towels and left them at the side of the bath. and I had to cover my smelly pillow with a towel from home each night. Hotel needs a refurb, not a pleasant place to sleep. FEW GOOD POINTS: room was kept warm, croissants for breakfast, decent size flatscreen (sadly for me they are all french channels and i cant speak french), just down the road from the Sacre Coeur

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
brum
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have been travelling around many countries including eastern europe and India, BUT NEVER EVER been in such a DIRTY place like this. They do NOT have pillows! The room never been cleaned. This Hotel said that I can give them the rest of the money in GBP but when we arrived they wanted it in Euro. It costed me over 65 E with breakfast for 1 night. There was a sign in the hotel said that They do not have water between 9am -4pm, so nobody can use their water. We had to sleep in a room with No pillows, no bedding just 1 very dirty sheet + 1 very dirty old blanket. small tv, no kettle. Water was leaking from the shower all day and night. The bathroom was very dirty. No bins! 1 very bad wardrobe. Carpet and the rest of the roomis super dirty! Super sticky! I have already complaint to the company I have booked it through The area this hotel is in is very dangerous and very poor so we couldn't even go out for a drink after the dark at night. I rather go in a Hostel than this place!!

Room Tip: do not use this hotel, just if you fancy sleeping with rats
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night only, thankfully. When we got our room, it stunk of cigarettes (we are non-smokers) and the bathroom had small hairs in and around the sink. The rooms are drab, the beds are extremely uncomfortable and the pillows are non-existent. The shower flooded twice while we were there. The area surrounding the hotel is crowded with flea-market type of businesses and there are very few restaurants close by. I didn't feel overly safe here. The best thing about this hotel is that it is close to Sacred Heart Cathedral. I would not recommend staying here and we would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gokarna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

we needed a cheap place to stay for 2 nights and asked around in the area but it was far over our budget mostly over 100 euro a night. Luxia charged us 70 euro. The rooms have been reasonable, the bed sheets clean, the noise low, the reception man friendly (the big guy). There was another guy at night (older) who appeared to be unfriendly, but we didnt have to deal with him. He said we have to leave the key at the reception when we leave the hotel and this was after we came in and out already 10 times and the other receptionist didnt say anything about leaving the key at the reception. anyway, we had tv (sadly only french channels), the water for shower was hot. For what wee have paid it was superb and we go back there any time.

Room Tip: alwyas a the end of the hallway cause then u have only one neighbour.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This a budget. I was aware that this a pretty standard hotel. So there no surprises in the amenities of the Hotel. The staff was nice to us. the room was always clean every time we got back. We spend all day outside. I regards of the area is close to Moulin rouge so I would not recommend this area if you have kids unless they are babies and not really aware of their surrounding.But its pretty safe we arrive pretty late to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Luxia? Share your experiences!