“Fine for one night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #747 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Fine for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night and it was just fine for that. My room was small, the double bed took up the entire room, so much so that the door to the room couldn't open all the way. The location was good, close to a large metro/RER/bus station, and many restaurants and stores.

The bed was comfortable, towels were soft. I'm sure it was operator error, but I could not manage to shower w/o getting water all over the floor.

The staff seemed a little aloof. But I didn't need much.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
guestrelationshdpgrp, Responsable relations clients at Pavillon Nation, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel with the other travelers. We are glad that you enjoyed the neighborhood as well as all the transportation available around our hotel.

Should you wish to stay longer we also have classic double rooms or executive rooms available which are more spacious.

Do not hesitate to contact us for your future reservation.

Kind regards,

Laurence Cornetet - Manager of Pavillon Nation ***

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Aachen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel was perfect for a weekend trip, the distance to the major attractions is no problem at all, the service was great, friendly and honest about some WiFi-Problem, we left our luggage in the hotel the day we left to pick it up later in the evening, absolutely no problem.
The housekeeping was doing a really good job, I can't tell whether the room was vacuumed, but the toilet was cleaned carefully, even the shower glass got furbished.
The safe, TV, WiFi worked as intended, a night stand lamp didn't light up, was okay after all.
With the windows closed you couldn't tell there was a big Blvd next to the hotel.

Only minus: the shower head could have been changed, didn't look that bright after all, you could clearly see the chalk plugging the pores plus stopping the water when lifted up too high. (loss of pressure?)

We consider of revisiting this place!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
guestrelationshdpgrp, Responsable relations clients at Pavillon Nation, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions about your stay and for your understanding regarding the WIFI problems we’ve met last week.

The cleanliness of our rooms is one of our main concerns and your comments are appreciated by our team . We do our best to ensure that our guests feel comfortable in our hotel.

We take into account your remark regarding the shower, be sure that it will be resolved.

It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again.

Regards,

Laurence CORNETET - Pavillon Nation ***
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed here for the week after Xmas for New Year.
Great location for the metro and local bars and restaurants. Marco Polos is a safe bet and reasonably priced. Quick burger chain is also ok for quick bite to eat on the go. The monoprix store across the street really handy and good for provisions.
The hotel itself needs a lot of work. The room myself and my other half were in was a larger room but clearly showing wear and tear signs and the refurbishment the hotel talks about is a distant memory. Sure it is modern but the bathroom was a wreck, taps loose, bath marked badly with people dropping the shower handle and the plumbing was wide open from the taps, no grouting or sealant.
Blinds in bathroom were filthy, net curtain in bedroom had seen better days.
No duvet and had to suffer manky blanket for duration of stay and the over quilt was all pulled and frayed. Bed was comfy enough and spare pillow lacked pillow cases in storage locker.
Wifi, fridge and safe really good.
The carpet wowsers, how disgusting for a shag pile carpet in a modern minimalist hotel, take slippers.
housekeeping service absolute rubbish, don't think the room saw a vacuum our entire stay, which was a week long.
Twice we left between 1 and 1.30pm for the day and made the point of asking for housekeeping service to remind them and came back late in the evening to nada. Reception reluctant to help. Fuming yesterday when we got back at 9.00pm to no housekeeping and the chap on reception very blasé and dismissive at how annoyed I was, especially when I had requested it before leaving. The room was filthy, dusty, no rubbish emptied etc. I asked for a Manager on both occasions to be fobbed off with an email address, awful service.
Enough said really, budget run down hotel trying to play big league and failing miserably!!!

Room Tip: Hard call!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
guestrelationsoffice, Responsable relations clients at Pavillon Nation, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions about your stay.

We are glad to read that you appreciated the location which is a few minutes walking distance from several bars, restaurants and shops.

Regarding the cleaning service, it seems that there was a misunderstanding. As a matter of fact, the maid who was supposed to clean your room explained that you refused the service twice; therefore he did not enter your room. We are very sorry about that. However, be sure that the rooms can be cleaned from 8:30 am till 4:30pm every day.

We are really disappointed to read that the Pavillon Nation’s team didn’t meet your expectations as it is our main concern to ensure that all our guests enjoy their stay with us. As the receptionist told you we would have appreciated to meet you directly and resolve the problem before you leave.

We hope to see you again and have a chance to make you change your mind regarding Pavillon Nation.

Kind regards.

Laurence Cornetet - Manager of Pavillon Nation
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a very nice boutique hotel. It is very close to Nation Metro. I would estimate a 2-3 minute wall from the metro. It is near a lot of places to eat but it is outside of the major attractions in Paris. Don't worry about the distance, the metro is very efficient the position of the hotel makes it very easy and fairly quick to get anywhere in Paris at anytime. The staff were very accommodating. I mainly had the pleasure of dealing with two comely young ladies at the front desk that made my stay very comfortable. They gave me a room that was very spacious. I love the design of the room it was very modern. The room had a good queen sized bed, flat screen tv, a work desk, dresser, a hanger rack, and a safe. The wifi worked perfectly in the room. The bathroom was on the small side but nothing too uncomfortable. It was explained to me that their are different room sizes and my room was a larger room. I seen one of the smaller rooms and I wouldn't have had a problem staying in it. There is a mini bar but you would be better off going across the street to the Monoprix and buying refreshments. You will save some money.Their was zero noise factor while I stayed at the hotel. There is a fitness center in the building but I never got a chance to check it out. I did try the breakfast one morning and it was okay. It mainly consisted of bread, tea, deli meat, and cheese. Your in Paris so you would better off trying restaurants outside the hotel but if it's included in the price of your room never hurts to give it a try. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Paris.

Room Tip: There are multiple room sizes. Ask for a larger room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
guestrelationsoffice, Responsable relations clients at Pavillon Nation, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your impressions about your recent stay in our hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed the services, the location and comfort of Pavillon Nation. We hope that in the future you will have the time to use our very well equiped fitness room.

All the team and myself wish you a wonderfull year and we hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in Paris !

Laurence Cornetet - Manager of Pavillon Nation
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Me and my girlfriend booked this and it was for her birthday. We got there on the Thursday and checked in. When we checked in we noticed that both of our lamps on either side of the bed were not working. When looking at the sheets we noticed a stain and big black hairs. Was not very happy at all with that. On the Friday evening our hot water broke. Spoke to reception and they said they hadn't had any one saying there hot water was not working. They said it should be fixed by the morning. Rang on Saturday evening and they said it would be fixed on Sunday morning which was when we was going. Sunday morning came round and it was not working. Receptionist gave me the email of the manager and told me to email them and they would sort some discount out for us. The email was wrong. I have emailed the main email that is on the website three times now and have not heard a thing. We put our luggage in the luggage room on Thursday when we got there and there was no lock on the door. There was about 4 or 5 plugs in the room, only two of them worked. The ones that worked were wonky as well. The plug that the phone was plugged into was pretty much hanging out, very dangerous. There is lights very close to sink so be careful when washing your face!

I am not one to make a complaint but the fact that nobody has responded to me has made me very annoyed. I will never stay here again and I doubt anybody is going to get back to me to give me a discount like they said they would. I will not give up with this though and if I don't heard from anybody will definitely be ringing the hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 602 and not much worked so ask for anything other than this room!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
guestrelationsoffice, Responsable relations clients at Pavillon Nation, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Andrew,

We thank you for your time taken in posting your review on TripAdvisor and we are very disappointed to learn about your feelings concerning your recent stay with us.

However, we received your complaint and as mentioned in the answer of December 28 our team have done the best in order to resolve the problem quickly during your stay.

Otherwise, we proposed you a refund due to all problems you had during your stay with us. We wish that you’ll give us another chance and please don’t hesitate to contact our front office manager in order to organize your next stay in Paris.

Hotel Manager - Pavillon Nation ***
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel in a double room in the mid December/13. The room was ok, big double bed, warm, toilet was tiny small but ok.

My only complain is that in the day that we arrived, after the check-in we let our luggage in the room, and went out to met the city. We got back late at night, and for my surprise somebody from the staff had opened by luggage, and broked the lock on it.

Nothing was missing, but it seems that they wanted to robery me. Luckly I do not keep passports and money in the bags and carry it with me all times. I do not known what they were looking for, but my laptop was in the bag also.

I told this to the manager, but I think he didn't pay any attention to what I've said, because he said he was going to check it in the cctv, but i did not hear anything from him untill I was gone.

In summary, I have no complains about the room, but if you are staying in here beware with your belongs.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed from the 19th till the 22nd of December. We had brought a holiday with Eurostar and paid for executive room. When booking I emailed the hotel asking for a nice room as first time in paris. The room was okay. Bed was made and everything was clean. Just a few minor things like our fridge wasn't cold, neither of our bedside lights worked. The room key is a normal key so remember to lock yourself in and out. One day we got back and the cleaner had left it unlocked!! We had a nice stay and was near Nation station so was easy to get anywhere! Monoprix across the street where we brought a few breakfast bits - very cheap.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Pavillon Nation? Share your experiences!