“Our favorite restaurant in the world - really!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Da Pietro

Da Pietro
12,rue Mabillon, 75006 Paris, France (Luxembourg)
01 43 54 62 34
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,061 of 13,399 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Luxembourg
CT
“Our favorite restaurant in the world - really!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Ok, we are a little biased because Paris is our favorite city and my husband and I just got married in Paris this fall. Even so, we brought our family and friends to try our favorite restaurant the first night everyone arrived to the city. Aaaand... they all loved, I mean really loved, Da Pietro, too! So it's got some meaning to us which probably make us love it even more, but it has earned us over each and every time we visit. We ended up going back 4 times in a week with different repeat guests from our group which was really fun! The neighborhood is great - It's in a great little section of town where there is a lot to do and you can really feel at home versus being in the middle of tourism central and busy main roads. The staff is really friendly and if you try to at least greet in French as you should do wherever you go, they appreciate your attempt and will treat you as a welcomed guest (and will try their best to speak in a mix of French and English for those who don't speak much French!). The setting is definitely tight so my grandfather had a hard time getting in and out mostly because we aren't used to such tight corridors in the States. However, he managed and he really enjoyed it! Someone else mentioned that there were a lot of Parisians which is always a good sign and there always are! The food is just to die for - I always order the lasagna and it is baked and delicious. Other plates I've tried and that others ordered more than once - carbonara, bolognese, ziti with broccoli, pesto pasta and the veal. It's a fun, fun experience. Thank you, Da Pietro for always welcoming us and giving us a warm place to dine and enjoy Paris!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Detroit, Michigan
“FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I was in Paris this past Spring for a girls trip. One night, the restaurant that we had been planning to go to was packed and so we walked down the street and found Da Pietro. We went in to the semi-packed restaurant and looked at the menu. Some ordered various pizzas, while I chose Spaghetti with Carbonara sauce. Hands down, the best dish I ate on the trip, maybe ever. I split the chocolate mouse with a friend and it was also WONDERFUL! It was rich and delicious. We came back a few days later and I ordered the Spaghetti with a fresh tomato sauce. Again, delicious! Everything that they make they make on site. The waiters were very nice and the service was quick. The men who work there look almost as yummy as the food, and are very friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone! I haven't had anything that has compared to the fabulous food since traveling back home to the States.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Excellent Family Restaurant in St. Germain area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

When travelling with children, it is always a challenge to find a restaurant that has great food, great service and understands the limitations of a child's palate.
After spending the day at Versailles, we were famished and walked by this place on our way to our excellent hotel, The Luxembourg Parc Hotel (see review under hotel section about to be posted). The restaurant was packed mainly with Parisians (always a good sign), and after a 20 minute wait we were quickly seated.
The waiter was quick to pick up that my two girls, 8 and 10 were pretty hungry and brought their Spaghetti Napoli within 10 minutes along with my wife and my salads.
My wife's main course was an amazing thin crust pizza and I had the mushroom stuffed ravioli , which was yummy.
My girls shared a great Chocolate Mousse and I had one of the best Tiramisus that I have ever had.
The dinner for the 4 or us, including 1 beer and a half litre of vino rosso was 90 euros, tax & tip included.

Overall the place was great , and I would go back in a heartbeat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paris
“Overpriced and mediocre.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Like most restaurants in the St. Germain area, I found this restaurant to be overpriced for less than mediocre food. The pizza was soggy in the middle and the avocado salad was tasteless. I would definitely not recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere