“Nice for a relaxed business lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vin et Maree - Suffren

Vin et Maree - Suffren
71 Avenue de Suffren, 75007 Paris, France (Tour Eiffel / Invalides)
01 47 83 27 12
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Vin et Maree - Suffren is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,945 of 13,133 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Vin et Maree Suffren restaurant in Paris a short walk from the Eiffel Tower in the chic 7th arrondissement is rather the baby of this popular restaurant group. Seating just 64 behind its marine blue frontage, the smart, tranquil dining room is decorated in luxurious modern style in tones of cream and rust with white table linens, mahogany furniture and an air the French call ‘feutree’ which means, roughly, that you can hear your own conversation without shouting. The menu features the very best quality of seasonal fish brought fresh from small boat fishermen mostly in Brittany and Normandy. Preparation tends to be simple to allow the piscatorial flavours to shine through and wines tend toward the whites for the same reason. Service is particularly good here.
Paris
“Nice for a relaxed business lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had lunch with the Swiss Ambassador to UNESCO and 3 other people here just before christmas. The menu and service was attentive yet sufficiently aloof not to interfere with our discussions. Unlike many nice restaurants, the portions here were reasonably large (not overly so!), and the offers on the menu were varied - we all enjoyed our meals. The ambiance is bright (we were by the windows) but sufficiently subdued that you could have a relatively intimate business lunch. The wine that was recommended was surprisingly affordable (e.g. less than 10 euros) and suited to the meal. I am planning on returning with my wife.

• Visited December 2012

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This branch of Vin et Maree is a 10 minute walk across the Champ de Mars from the Tour d'Eiffel. But it is very much a locals' place. The food is very good. If you don't like fish or shellfish then you can have a steak or a rack of lamb. It is very good value, especially if you have booked an offer through La Fourchette. Service was excellent all night. The tables aren't too close although we had a very pleasant conversation with an elderly French lady at the next table, dining alone. Large king prawns were very lightly battered and served with a tandoori sauce.My wife was thrilled to find 8 scallops on her main course plate. A whole sea bass was flamed in anis and then the waiter helpfully took the flesh off the bone. The atmosphere was a little subdued but not quiet. The mainly French clientele were having a good time.Previously we have dined at Le Maree in the 17th for fish but we will definitely return to Vin et Maree.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hong Kong, China
“A good seafood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We ordered gillardeau no.3, salmon tartar and fish soup for starter, all taste good, oysters are very fresh, for main, we chose grill shrimp, mussels & amandes with cream sauce, the former is OK, while the latter is delicious with very HUGE portion, we can barely finish it. A good seafood restaurant with great value.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Another visit to the Vin & Maree - perfect service this time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I brought my parents to the Vin & Maree in avenue Suffren as I knew we would have a full description of the specials board in english but had flagged with them that it might take a while as the service tailed off last time. I booked a table in advance for 7.30pm and we were the first in the restaurant (so my Dad was very amused that I'd booked...). However, it was full and there were people waiting by the time we came out (it was a Thursday) so worth the booking (and to prove the point to my Dad!).

I think our waiter was called Patrick - he spoke very good English and was very patient at going through the menu, talking about each of the specials and answering questions. We had the shared seafood platter for three which was delicious. My parents then shared the John Dory and it was a large fish and shown to us when cooked and then filleted for them. They both enjoyed it enormously. I had the scallops which are always a favourite and these were delicious.

My problem with the restaurant last time was that they lost interest in us after the main course was served. Am pleased to say that wasn't our experience this time, we had our wine topped up regularly, were asked if we wanted dessert (no room sadly...) and then he even ordered a taxi for us at the end of the meal.

All in all, a delicious meal again and the service was not only better than last time but properly memorable! Am really pleased we came back and will definitely keep on my list for the future. Very happy to recommend. Prices are what you expect for the quality but it's definitely worth it.

• Visited April 2012
Basel / New York
“Very good quality menu, nice atmosphere, knowledgeable personnel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I tend to take my guests to this restaurant, it has everything: decent prices, delicious fish and seafood, fast and courteous service, a very french atmosphere. Up to now, everybody has loved it! (I have already taken around 20 guests from different countries).
I highly recommend it!