“Fantastic. One of the best in Paris” 5 of 5 stars

+33 1 58 71 10 60
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Pur' is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 13,368 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Winery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: After twenty years in such esteemed establishments such as Taillevent, Le Crillon, La Cantine des Gourmets and most recently Les Muses, Chef Jean-Francois Rouquette has taken up a new challenge.Pur' opens onto a vast rotunda with a modern peristyle that is quite unexpected in such a contemporary setting. The energy of the open plan kitchen, the aromas from the grill, and the vivacity of the young staff make this refined Michelin Paris restaurant a theatre of unusual tastes. The soft-hued and cosy atmosphere, with mahogany walls adorned with vivid China ink sketches by acclaimed artist Viswanadhan, is the setting for a symphony of flavours.
DC, Beirut
“Fantastic. One of the best in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Loved it. Amazing Service and Food. From the time you walk in until you leave you are attended to in a way very few restaurants do. Cannot say enough good things. Simply wonderful innovative delicious food. Just fantastic. One of the best places I have ever been.

Lancaster PA
“Tremendous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Had dinner at the restaurant on property, Pur, and it was among the finest dining experiences we've ever had. We dined on a Sunday night and the staff was positively superb. The food was also to die for. We opted for the six-course with wine pairings and it was incredible. The attention to detail was phenomenal. Don't overlool this restaurant even though there are so many choices in Paris. Have a drink in the lounge before dinner. Service is perfect in there as well, and the ambiance is ideal. Then, enjoy a spectacular experience at PUR. We loved it and if was the best meal and experience we had in Paris

Visited November 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
“SIMPLE LIGHT AND DELICIOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Simple light and delicious food with great service. the wine lst and the sommelier was not upto the rest if the experiance.

Visited October 2012
Belgium
“excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

great food, professional and friendly service. good choice, wines by the glass, nice atmosphere. only problem for me is that the same quality, Michelin starred experience in Belgium is half the price

Visited November 2012
Pur P, Directeur général at Pur', responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the nice message you wrote, we are delighted you enjoyed your experience at Pur and be sure your message will be share with the team . we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon

Sincerely yours

Guillaume RANVIER, Director of Food & Beverage
palermo
“same architect, same noisy cupola, disappointly bland though beautiful food, excellent service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

At our recent stay in the Park Hyatt Milan we were prompted to try the Park Hyatt Paris near Place Vendome, which was designed by the same architect. Though I have some reservations about the materials and style of the Park Hyatt Milan, I wanted to check out the Paris location. Indeed the "look and feel" of the entry and lobby areas is quite similar, as is the building itself, a building with interior courtyard covered by a glass cupola. The contemporary clean look, the shiny pretty marble floors, are marred by what in my opinion is some pretty disquieting 'art-work' and decor (see pictures of the spooky light fixtures and creepy (in my opinion, alright) paintings). I'm thinking, with all the universally loved and beautiful and creative and glee-giving art out there, how could they have made these choices? What message are they trying to convey to us? "Watch out or the creepy light fixure men will descend upon you and scratch your eyes out?" I dunno.

To the restaurant; we were seated in the cupola area which happened to be packed at lunchtime. The entry to the kitchen is equipped with a long table upon which all that takes place can be viewed as reflections in surround mirrors on walls and ceiling, angled precisely for that purpose. We were offered a cocktail and when we expressed interest in a coupe of champagne, we were elegantly described the houses, vintage of choices, last but evidently not least was the hyatt labeled something or other famous-house made especially to celebrate the hotel's 10th anniversary. I asked, "it isn't $3000 a glass is it? " and was told, well it is more expensive than the other types but it isn't that much..." We would "laugh" about that later when we got the bill and saw that over half the amount was attributable to the €45ish per glass of champagne orders!

I had the raw scallops, beautifully presented, but taste-free, much to my increasing-with-each-bite dismay. There were the very tasty dried berry dotting the plate adding beautiful color, and the paper-thin sliced radish so thin it was translucent, and some other exotic plant which were the tastiest things on my plate. The St. Jacques were perhaps defrosted? Dunno. I forget what my husband had, and which I tasted too. I guess that sums that up.

Delicious bread products, as always, the hand-finished patty of butter (not to my liking though).

Great service, cool ambiance, but very loud as the cupola created an acoustic bubble.

Happily I did not hear any sound from noisy printers like one hears in the Milan Park Hyatt.

All in all, great atmosphere, great service, stick to the regular vintages of champagne unless you are on an expense account, and don't rely on the menu offerings to satisfy a need for very tasty cuisine.

Oh, and did I mention the artwork? Have a look. Maybe some people will enjoy these pieces, which are probably even famous and were probably very costly too. And beware of those light-fixure men; watch your eyes!

• Visited November 2012