“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mansouria

Mansouria
11,rue Faidherbe-Chaligny, Paris, France (République)
01 43 71 00 16
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Mansouria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,198 of 13,462 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: République
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a really amazing meal at this restaurant. Their dishes are extremely good and the same goes for their wine. The staff is very freindly and helpful. Portions are very generous. I had the lamb tajine with preserved lemons and it was absolutely delicious. Would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Had to walk out - it was that bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We went with high hopes. There is a lovely back story to the founder of the restaurant. 2 of our party were of Moroccan descent, and were therefore well positioned to judge the quality and inventiveness of the food. Their judgement - a massive thumbs down. Further, service was unbalanced. Some tables received their meals rapidly, while others (including us) waited forever. When we asked about when our entrees would be arriving, the maitre d called out on the restaurant landline, suggesting that food preparation was at a remote location! However, the crowning negative was the state of the toilets, which were filthy, and apparently had not been tended to for months. You can safely avoid this restaurant.

Visited September 2013
“One great dish.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I went last Saturday as it was near our hotel and after a week in Paris we were in the mood for something a little different. Very pretty restaurant, with exotic decor inside. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. My wife's honey-based tangine was excellent - worth coming for. My eggplant/lemon tangine less so. Appetizers, couscous and bread were fine.
A nice change if you're looking for something a little different while in Paris.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing and expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I love Moroccan Food so I looked up Mansouria and thought it looked good from the decor.
Note to self: Never judge quality of food by decoration of restaurants.

Anyway; The atmosphere was nice with the rich colours and soft lighting that provided a beautiful and tasteful backdrop. So, naturally I was expecting the food to be the same. I can't remember the specifics of what we ordered but among them was lamb tagine with couscous, some mixed soup and Semolina plus Moroccan beer ( A party of 3) -( 2 adults /1 child)

The food was bland and unseasoned. The meat was fatty, chewy and the couscous nothing to write home about. The soup was watery and lacking in any flavour.
What a disappointment.

We paid 85 euros for 3 basic dishes that I could, as a novice, cook much better at home.

The decor really needs to match the food (as strange as that sounds)!

I don't recommend eating here, save yourself some money!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I am Moroccan from Casablanca (2 Mars area), I live in Paris.

I went to Mansouria yesterday for Ramadan Iftar and Diner: 32€ menu

First, I was surprised that the personnel doesn't speak Arabic (or more specifically Moroccan), it was a bad sign.
When you go to a Chinese restaurant, they speak Chinese, same for Japanese, same for Turkish...etc.
When you're not proud of your culture (which starts with language) how can you represent the country with Food.

Anyways, I thought Ok let's see the food.

Chebakia: typical Moroccan cookie for Ramadan
It was the smallest Chebakia I've ever seen in my life and full of sugar which masks all flavourz

Harira: typical Moroccan soup for Ramadan
It was getting worse, too much concentrated tomato, no lentils, no meet (mandatory in a Harira), chickpea undercooked and doesn't have the taste of the soup so I think it was just added from a box at the end to foul foreign customers

Couscous: 4 meats
The meat was over cooked, the Semolina was over cooked : it was sticky
The sauce was too oily (fat), vegetables overcooked and in a pool of oily sauce which looks like taken from any box that pretends it s a Moroccan couscous sauce

Menth Tea: we always have a menth tea after couscous
menth tea doesn't smell neither menth nor tea : just hot water, lot of sugar and two leaves of menth in it (which we never do)
The menth tea I make at home is thousand times better !

---
Conclusion:

Very disappointing, the place is nice, the decoration is Ok, but food is definitely not Moroccan and isn't good at all
it doesn't represent my country, Moroccan culture, and Moroccan food...I won't comeback !

Visited July 2013