“Amazing beef stew” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Volant

Le Volant
13 rue Beatrix-Dussane, La Motte Picquet, Paris, France (Montparnasse)
01 45 75 27 67
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Le Volant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #302 of 13,382 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
“Amazing beef stew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

The food is amazing. I have eaten eaten here 3 times. I have to say that the place gets better every time I eat there. The beef stew aka bouef bouginon is the best beef stew ever. The pigeon is also great. Tue meat is very tender and the stew has the perfect blend of sauces. Even the side dishes are amazing. The rice, mashed potatoes and the yellow mashed corn are also pieces of heaven in itself. Also for the price, I would honestly say it has the best quality to price ratio dish in Paris - 16 euros for the best stew in paris.

• Polish first
Victoria bc
“One of the best for beef and offal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

I could not agree more with the previous reviews. With only 18 hours in Paris between flights we had to act fast and follow the reviews. we arrived at 1900 on a friday night and were served the best meal I have had in Paris. I had the duck hearts and the calfskin liver Both exceptional with my friend having the best beef borgongone ever. Please go off the beaten track off the bright lights and try this out. As a lonely Scotsman I was allowed to sit at the bar and watch the rugby after my friend had left and the place was packed by 2100. As CDG said I shall return!

Atlanta
“Hard to resist returning a second night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

While searching for a restaurant for dinner near our hotel, we asked a Parisienne woman walking her dog where to eat some good French food. She asked if we were hungry (we were -- having only eaten airplane food earlier in the day), and she walked us a couple of blocks to the door of Le Volant. There were quite a few veal kidney entrees on the board, but we resisted them and went with the Boeuf Bourguignon, which arrived in a boiling hot copper pan, overflowing with huge tender chunks of beef and a sauce to die for. The sides included bowls of mashed potatoes, polenta, and rice, all delicious. Accompanied by a bottle of wine and a basket of bread, it was more food than we could eat, and it came at a very reasonable price.

The next night, we walked a hungry young Danish couple to the restaurant door, and had to resist the strong urge to go in and have the same meal again!

UK
“Fantastic local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

We ate here on a Saturday evening as it was just around the corner from our hotel and I had seen it well rated on tripadvisor. Reviews were not wrong! It is a buzzing little place where the locals go to eat and watch the rugby match on TV. We ate the beef bourginon which seemed to be a speciality and it was delicious. Served in the copper pot right to the table! Great wine and desserts too, would throughly recommend but make sure you call ahead to book as its obviously popular.

Derry
“So good we went back twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

We discovered Le Volant on a list of recommended restaurants in the hotel lobby we arrived quite late, so to be sure we would get a table our concierge called ahead for us. The restaurant is relatively easy to locate, tucked away in a little side street all but a 15 minute walk from the Eifel Tower. We arrived at the restaurant at approx 10:40, it was a Monday night so it was quite quiet and when we entered we were simply greeted by the owner to ask what did we want to eat beef or fish, given that it way quite late we agreed we would like beef and he asked us if we would like beef bourgignon so we thought when in france...We were seated at our table and after being served some fresh parisian bread with sheese to start which was delicious, a large brass pan arrived at our table filled with the delicious bourguignon trust me all the reviews on here have this dish to a T it was DELICIOUS, we had strawberry and rubarb compote for dessert washed down with a beatuiful 2004 Medoc. We agreed it was the perfect start to our trip, so good it was how we decided we wanted to end our trip. On our last night we went back the owner recognised us and couldn't have been more friendly all the staff are and speaking english isnt a problem. This time we chose from a set menu, I had a selection of meats for starters which were accompanied by pickled chillis and gherkins, followed by the butchers cut of meat which was a juicy serloin and creme brulee for desert, my fiance had warm goats cheese salad, the irresistable bourguigon again also followed by creme brulee, for all this a bottle of wine and 2 rounds of drinks was less that 100 punds, fanstatic value, for the quality of the food and service. I had a truly memorable experience here and i will definitley be back!!!