“Flawless” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meurice

Le Meurice
228 rue de Rivoli - Hotel Meurice, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)
01 44 58 10 55
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Le Meurice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #462 of 13,398 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Louvre / Place Vendôme
Melbourne, Australia
“Flawless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Alain Ducasse is our favourite chef and each of his restaurants offers both a standard of service that is the equal of his cuisine and a typically luxurious elegant setting.

Visited January 2014
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear AmbassadeurPrincipal,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedbacks on your last experience at Le Meurice.

I see that there is not much time between your visit and your comment, which definitely shows your enthusiasm regarding our fine dining restaurant.

I am thrilled to read that you noticed the high quality of our service and that you enjoyed the unique setting of our restaurant. I am also pleased to learn that this new « Alain Ducasse experience » is a complete success for you.

Please be sure that I will share this very kind comment with all my team. We now very much look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meurice in a not too distant future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Paris, France
“Time to reevaluate the 3 star status...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

As an American living in Paris for over 20 years I believe this restaurant is completely overrated. I revisited recently for about the 5th time in these years to celebrate a very special family event. I only really booked to show my guest what an incredibly beautiful salon the restaurant is so lucky to be in and that is the main attraction.

Before writing my review I wanted to read other critiques to see if my disappointment may be an overreaction since I am considered a qualifiable foody and personal chef. So here is what I have to say about my personal experience.

The service was excellent and our waiter was most attentive, but you got the feeling the over staffed servers were constantly running with their heads cut off...like a pretentious theatre act.
The wine list made me laugh, especially when I asked for a red suggestion to go with the entree and plat we picked. Immediately the enthusiastic sommier suggested the 600 euro bottle of Burgundy. With humor, I refused and settled to the second least expensive Burgandy at 200 euros instead of the "basic table wine Burgundy" at 180 euros. By the time our plat arrived both of us were clogged up with an allergic reaction to this expensive bottle of mediocre wine. The bottled water was just what we needed to get through this.

The presentation of the a la carte courses was creative and artistic, but the actual dishes served were minimal in quantity and quite common lacking any unusual ingredients one would expect at the level of a 3 star restaurant with the renowned Ducasse name behind it--I would rank it as mediocre at best and cannot understand the 3 star status it holds. Does mediocrity and an overly priced menu deserve a 3 star status ? Alain Ducasse has achieved his goal of having yet another typical corporate restaurant catering to the fools out there who will pay any price thinking this is French cuisine at it's finest....it is not...time to take away a few of those stars and head out to Le Cinq, where you will have a true luxury dining experience.
than mediocre.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Kathleen Fanoe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse. I was really disappointed to read your comments and I would like to express my apologies for you having such a disappointing experience. Would you kindly contact our F&B manager, Mr Greiner at 01.44.58.10.10 to see how we can fix this uncomfortable situation ? On a better note, I was pleased to read your compliments about the service and the atmosphere.
Franka Holtmann, General Manager
Miami, Florida
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

French cuisine in a dining setting that is the very definition of elegance and luxury. Le Meurice is a three star Michelin restaurant with a staff that is attentive and warm. The food is excellent and the wine list impressive. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
Dear Pamela G,

Thank you very much for your short but wonderful review following your meal at restaurant le Meurice in March !

I am very glad to read that your experience did meet your expectations. All the team will be thrilled to see that all its work, done with great passion, made of your dinner a marvellous experience.

We are now looking forward to welcoming you back to Le Meurice Alain Ducasse, our new Chef since September.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The whole experience was very good and highly professional - from the moment I made reservation request till the time we exited the restaurant. The staff made us feel very comfortable, we got some extra presents, the food was fantastic, it even felt like I was getting high on it (I don't drink). I am vegan so the chef prepared special meals for me which was beyond my expectation. Definitely recommend to everybody who want to get high quality service and gastronomical pleasure. Will come again next time we are in Paris.

• Visited November 2013
Dear Svetlana_Kot,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feelings regarding your experience at the restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse. I am pleased to read that it met your highest expectations. Because every client is unique, I am thrilled our Chef offered you a vegan alternative knowing your special requests. We work everyday to make our clients feel comfortable so I am glad that all the team made you live a marvelous experience from the beginning to the end. Be sure that all your nice compliments will be shared with the restaurant's team.
Kind regards,
Franka Holtmann, General Manager
Farnham, United Kingdom
“To gastronic Heaven - and beyond!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I went with two of our closest friends (and as their guests) to this sublime restaurant. It does not surprise me that it is one of the very top Michelin starred restaurants in the World. I doubt that there is a more elegant dining room nor that there is a restaurant with more attentive (but appropriately invisible) staff. Let us be clear however - you will need to sell a small terraced house in Bolton to be able to afford the bill. The wine list is incredible and appropriately priced. A splendid chassagne montrachet 2005 gave little change to 200 euros.
My glass was filled before I even noticed that things were running low. The food is just wonderful. In many ways the lunch was quite simple. But the flavours! I could go on for ever. The clear message, however, is this: If you get a sizable win on the horses get yourself dressed up (there is a dress code to include a tie), jump on the Eurostar and prepare to have an experience that will stay with you for the rest of your life. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear michael a,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your last experience at our fine dining restaurant Le Meurice.

I am thrilled to read that it met your highest expectations and that it will remain a memorable moment for you.

Please be assured that I will share your kind comments regarding the service and the food with all my team.

We are now looking forward to welcoming you back to Le Meurice in a not too distant future.