“A Must Visit Spot in Paris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Comptoir du Relais

Le Comptoir du Relais
9, carrefour de l'Odeon | Relais St. Germain Hotel, 75006 Paris, France (Luxembourg)
01 44 27 07 97
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,671 of 13,460 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Bistro, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Luxembourg
New Haven, Connecticut
“A Must Visit Spot in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Le Comptoir du Relais was recommended to me on my trip to Paris. It is located in the Saint Germaine Hotel. I tried having my concierge make reservations, but he had difficulty getting through to the restaurant because he kept getting the hotel lobby, so we took our chances and just showed up.

The restaurant was small (maybe 40 covers) with very tightly packed outdoor seating in tables of 2 (based on the weather). There was a line of about a dozen people in front of us waiting to eat. Surprisingly, the line moved quickly and we got lucky and were seated inside at a 4 top (even though there was only 2 of us). The menu was vast and written in French. We did not speak French that well, so one of the 2 servers that were working came over and explained the menu to us in near perfect English. He was extremely polite and very helpful.

The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was bustling but comfortable. It seemed that there we only 2 servers and the owner and his wife on premise. Attention to detail was not missed during our meal. Fantastic appetizers and mouth watering entrees were on the menu. They also had a very expansive dessert menu. We got the pot de crème and chocolate mousse. I would recommend both. We really enjoyed the experience and also the food. This was my 2nd favorite meal on our weeklong trip to Paris. I highly recommend it for the for and ALSO for the great service.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Manila, Philippines
“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

overall experience is important when eating in a restaurant. From the time you enter, to the time you leave... I have been wanting to try this restaurant for some time now, and I'm sorry to say that I was not impressed, in fact, I was so disappointed... They have awful and terrible service, and the food was not that good as well. The staff was not attentive and seemed like that they have no pride and interest in what they are doing... The only time I saw them be nice was when we were already paying! This restaurant gets good reviews from celebrity chefs... But no, their reviews are not entirely accurate.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Manager from Hell”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Having read reviews and within walking distance thought we would try supper at this highly recommended restaurant .At 1800hrs,not terribly busy but the staff were jumping and ill at ease.The reason the manager/Maître de ,was totally out of control.She was forcing people out of seats,outside,shoving tables around inside,chastising staff for no apparent reason.She did not stop there,she pointed a mother/daughter couple towards a table then turned around and began screaming, no exaggeration here demanding to know just who did they think they were sitting there when it clearly belonged to someone else.She carried on the rant ,as she pointed them to another table.My whole experience of 'a nice supper in Paris' was spoilt by this Harrigan.I hope the owner reads this and deals with it.The rest of the wait staff were delightful and helpful ,under very trying circumstances

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shanghai, China
“Well...It's complicated.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We read about this place from a foodie account in china.They called here top 15 bistros in Paris.And said the chef was intend to have a place where normal ppl can enjoy Michelin star rated cuisine without spend a fortune on one dinner.I agreed with all that so I called to make a reservation.Lucky enough for me I was able to book us a table by 5pm for dinner at 830pm.Outside table only but it doesn't bothers me as we are smokers.

We greet by a full suit gentleman and came to aware that it's not just a bistro for ordinary ppl.Everyone was dressed at lest semi formal for the dinner.Then we saw the menu.For 60 euro per head we can enjoy a 5 courses dinner which sounds fair.We ordered a bottle of Chardonnay for 43euro and changed one of the main course to fresh lobster for an extra of 30 euros.So the bill came to be 199 euro with 21 euro seems like some kind of service fee or what.So we didn't tip.

The food was...well hard to say.Its good especially for the duck main.But they used asparagus for side dish in three courses(the appetizer the secondi and also the lobster main).And we tasted som orange flavour came all along the whole meal (appetizer,secondi,both main courses and dessert).So at first it was fun and just get less interested when you just taste same thing over and over again.For a 200 euro meal from such a famous place,I do want to taste some variations between courses.May be it's just me.

The service was good.Everyone we encountered was professional,warmly,and more than happy to help.So I'm just wondering what happens to those ppl who wrote down such a long reviews to complain about the services.

This dinner is kind a experiences but I don't think I will be back because the food didn't impress me.

Paris, France
“French bistro at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Just off the tourist strip it is a great place to meet up for a typical French meal. The menus are only in French but the waiters can help if you are unable to understand. Service is very attentive but suggest arriving early or later for your meals as there tends to be queues to obtain a table. The homard pennee is to die for (lobster pasta) & their meats are 1st class. Wine list reasonably priced.

Visited April 2014