“Very good soufflé, excellent service, would return” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Recamier

Le Recamier
4,rue Recamier, Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)
01 42 22 51 75
Improve this listing
Ranked #4,687 of 13,462 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon
New York City, New York
“Very good soufflé, excellent service, would return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

A local French friend who I trust recommended Le Camier as having the best soufflé in Paris. It did not disappoint! Wonderful soufflés for starters, entrees and desserts. We had a great evening and the service was cordial and very attentive. I definitely would return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The perfect lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Ignore the attitude at this saint germain hot spot and you will have a great time. We were given a lousy table, I complained and got up to leave, when we were shown to a very nice table by one of the bookshelves. I ordered a soufflé with black truffles, what I got was a plain soufflé. I complained to the waiter who insisted that the truffles were too fine for my palate or nose. I put the attitude back to him and insisted, just as adamantly that there were none. The chef (who I think is also the proprietor) overheard, came to the table, sniffed my dish and then tasted it and agreed with me. He sent over 2 glasses of champagne and personally made me a special soufflé with truffles and fois gras. He came over to inspect my smile and brought over another carafe of Bordeaux. A bad start but a great finish.

New York City, New York
“One of my Paris faves”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Haven't been here in a few months, but headed to Paris again next week and dreaming of an all souffle lunch which starts with one of their heavenly vegetable and cheese souffles, such as asparagus, and ends with one of the soft as air dessert souffles.
I know to make a resy, but once I was in the area shopping right after the lunch rush and stopped in by myself for a mid afternoon dessert souffle and was warmly welcomed. The staff doesn't know me, and my french isn't great, but I've always been treated graciously and politely. Have never experienced the bad attitude that someone else mentioned, and I'm not one of the "in crowd" or regular locals.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Souffle overdose...worth the moment on the lips...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I never thought I would gladly have souffle for starter, main course and dessert, but I did, and it was worth every spoonful. The lunch crowd was subdued, the service was patient (we were a table of 10 tourists from all over the world, who congregated in Paris for the day!) and friendly. The chatter at the table noticeably disappeared once the dishes arrived, to be replaced with moans of delight and surprise. Many shared their souffles with their neighbours, many didn't want to share more than a spoonful. Truly delightful, if a little indulgent and rich. I would highly recommend to anyone. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“Souffle Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

A souffle double header... started with a Henry IV-- which was a cheese souffle with a lemony, chicken sauce. I ended with the sea salt caramel. Friends had spinach roquefort, asparagus, chocolate. All I can say is wow. Silence permated the table as we dove into these puffs of taste sensations. Yummmm.

• Visited April 2012