“Did not like the vegetable menu” 3 of 5 stars
Review of L'Arpege

L'Arpege
84,rue de Varenne | Dfsdf, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)
01 45 51 47 33
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon
Bangkok
“Did not like the vegetable menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I am a big fan of Allain Passart and had one of the best meal of my life in a previous occasion.
We met the Chef once again during his trip in Bangkok and he mentioned about the vegetable menu so we decided to give it a try while in Paris.
We were both disappointed by the vegetable menu.
The price however was very reasonable for lunch.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hong Kong, China
“Christmas Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

As Christmas is about bounty and going all out we chose the right venue for our lunch. Of all the three star restaurants I have been to this was the first where I met the chef. It was also the most intimate and relaxed focusing on content rather than form. We were delighted many times by the food, the team and their wine choices. I had the veal head for my main course. Given that I contemplated a second helping reflects the utter skill of the chef. Go and enjoy !

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong kong
“Could do much better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The passion and generosity of the chef does not translate into the service nor the ambiance of this place. First the dining room is small, so there is not much privacy and the table display has not been set up wisely. There is another room downstairs to avoid. Stay in the main room. Second the service is rigid, conventional, cold, far from the emotions of the man who runs the show in the kitchen.
For what regards food, you need to like vegetables as this is the speciality of the house. Old and new varieties. One starter is based on a couscous of veggies and the plate looks like a painting. Impressive. The night I went there, there was only veal as a meat. As I am a meat lover, I was disappointed. All together, you will pay in excess of 600 euros for 2, including wine (if you choose a bottle below 150 euros, which are not many). The tasting menu is at 420 euros. Fairly expensive and honestly it seems there is too much to eat. A la carte, if you are 2 and take different dishes they may offer you to split the dish into 2, so that you can taste all dishes. A very nice offer.
So in conclusion, worth it but could do much better. If only the chef could do the service and be the sommelier,...., this would be another experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Arpege continues its fine reputation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The atmosphere, the service and the innovation. A top chef in PAris and if one wants to be able to comment on any other top chef, one has to have eaten there.

Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“Wasn't sure what to expect...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Because the place was completely empty when we arrived. L'Arpege eventually filled up quite quickly for the lunch seating. My husband and I aren't massive fans of vegetables, but the dishes we ate left us speechless. There was a celery based dish that my husband ate (the name escapes me) that was divine; I had a truffle and scallop plate that was fantastic. If you dine here, expect huge portions. The waitstaff are not over-bearing and their choreography is something to be admired/take note of. Lastly, I also loved the L'Arpege knife as a parting gift. All and all a spectacular lunch.

• Visited January 2013