“Lovely view, great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

01 40 39 09 00
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4,537 of 13,382 Restaurants in Paris
“Lovely view, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Loved the view and the ambience. Unfortunately the coffees were cold but besides that it was lovely.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
“Great ambiance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Went here for dinner on my birthday. It was pretty late. We had no reservations. Wait time was about 15 minutes or so to get seated. Was able to connect to wifi while you wait, check a few emails etc...so I wasn't complaining and drink at the bar while you waited was an option as well. The music was really good. Loved the vibe. Soon as you walk up the stairs to the main dinning room...it's just really pretty. The architecture, lighting, the view, the decor. I loved it. Overall the ambiance was great. I had always wanted to go experience it because ....hello it was in "sex and the city" and I just had to go check it out for myself.

Depending on where you sit and how crowded it is ...seating could feel kind of tight but I've seen worse. My issue was with the service/the waitress. She took forever to get to us and take our order. I enjoyed the tunes playing while we waited and enjoying the moment cause after all. "You're in Paris! Right?!" Anyways...The wait for the food wasn't long but once it arrived I was a bit disappointed. Small portion of course and after tasting it, well it just wasn't as amazing as I had hoped. We ordered the Roasted Chicken w/lemongrass & ginger, lemon sauce, with mashed potatoes. That was 32 euros a plate and it was a really small portion but it was an experience and something I got to check off my list. If I'm in Paris again, I'd definitely go back but for brunch so see the nice view during the day and try something on their brunch menu. It is a very pretty restaurant after all.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“not the "sex and the city" experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I've been there twice for dinner. The first time the staff was fine, the food was just ok. So we thought it deserves a second try.
The second time, I asked a table with view and they gave us a table in the middle of the room that we could scarcely see the Seine. Anyway, we did not protest. The waiter came and asked us what we wanted for drinks. It bothered us a lot that he was extremely bored, he seemed he did not care and he was chewing at the same time provocatively. When we placed the order he was unpleasantly surprised by the fact that we wanted 3 entrees instead of 3 main courses.
The food came, they had forgotten our side dish but they did not forget to charge it!!!
Long story short, I think we gave it a chance and they blew it by their attitude and quality of food. The prices are not compatible with the food and service. Really disappointing.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Switzerland
“Really worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Every time I come to paris with family or just with the wife we always pay a visit to Kong. If we haven't booked in time (this place gets booked up quickly and you can only call 2 weeks prior max) we usually hit the bar for a few fairly expensive cocktails. Upstairs the restaurant is pretty cool, the whole place was furnished and designed by Philippe Starck. Seated underneath a glass dome overlooking the river Seine the view is very special, day or night .The food is good and well presented in good time. On my last visit I had a perfect starter of soft shell crab followed by steak frites. My wife had an unusual mix of panko crusted chicken with buttery mash (fine) but covered with an unbearably sticky sweet lemon sauce which didn't work. The staff are attentive and snooty in a fantastically Parisienne manner and people watching can be hilarious, especially around fashion week. After dinner head downstairs to the bar, not too early though, and listen to local DJ's (on weekends) spin pop, hip hop and the usual Costes lounge tracks. -top tip, when booking ask to be seated upstairs as occasionally overflow from the restaurant can be seated by the bar.

Budapest, Hungary
“Great food, beautiful view ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a great restaurant. Food is delicious, the service is good. You should book in advance to get a good table with nice view.
The best time to go there for a dinner is 6.30-7pm. Then you can see the view in daylight at the beginning of the dinner and you can see the view in dark at the end of the dinner.