“Lousy microwave food” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Higuma

Higuma
163, rue St-Horore, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)
01 58 62 49 22
Neighborhood: Louvre / Place Vendôme
Medan, Indonesia
“Lousy microwave food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Microwave dumplings, ramen noodles that will anger any japanese, and substandard service from chinese underpaid and overworked student workers who think they are all that. The owner was more helpful amd polite than them! If u want cheap college-standard food, come here, otherwise stay away!

Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Venice, FL
“For a Quick Cheap Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Happened to eat here about four or five times during my two week stay in Paris and had no major complaints. The service was good and the food was reasonable and tasty although if you arrived later in the afternoon many popular dishes were not available. Paris is not inexpensive for dining and this place offered a very reasonable place to eat lunch although it's open every day including dinner. So I would recommend it for a change of pace and to save some euros for more opulent dining. I did not try the sushi but had the gyoza (very good) and the noodles and rice with either shrimp and/or pork. It's very popluar and the mostly locals crowd, including oriental diners at lunchtime, caught my eye so I tried it and wasn't disappointed. Seemed to be a clean dining experience. I give it a high average score.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Look somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I have been to Higuma three times. The first time was a good experience, so that I came again twice. However that first experience was not repeated anymore. I even sense that this place is going downhill in quality of food and service.

The last time I went there in a group of four, three of us are quite familiar with japanese food (I myself used to live in Japan for two and a half years). We ordered ramen, tendon, katsudon, miso soup, and gyoza. Apart from the miso soup, which was OK at best, all unfortunately tasted poor. The lady serving our table was unbelievably rude, though to be fair the other two guys taking the order and bringing the bill were just OK. By the way, they forgot to bring one miso soup, which was removed from the bill after our complain.

The next time I'll check on other other japanese restaurants nearby. I don't think I'll ever come back to this place, which is unfortunate, because my first time there was not bad at all.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tokyo
“Cheap & fast, but not exactly Japanese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Tried this Higuma after trying the other Higuma restaurant.
We had some sushi and udon.
The sushi is average. The tempura udon had a cucumber tempura, which is not seen (unthinkable) in Japan. But the food came fast and the price is cheap.
Overall I would prefer the other Higuma.

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“a must every time i'm in paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I lived in Paris for over two years and since moving back to the US 10 years ago will usually visit twice a year. During each visit, I go to Higuma at least twice for their delicious miso lamen set (miso ramen and gyoza). For the price, you can't beat this authentic ramen house. I'm not sure why some folks on here claim that the food is Chinese, because it isn't - it's just good, satisfying Japanese noodles!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere