“Expensive even with discount” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Goumard

Goumard
9,rue Duphot, Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)
01 42 60 36 07
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Goumard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,892 of 13,326 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, German, Seafood, Noodle, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Maisons Alfort
“Expensive even with discount”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I invited my wife for her birthday there (I will not tell her age). We had a 50% discount through Lafourchette.
The design is indeed art deco but quite minimal. The temperature was rather too hot (end of august).
The seafood entree was good but not exceptional (seabass carpaccio and crab meat). The main course (fish) OK too with minimal side dish (and strange for my wife). The dessert (sabayon) was quite bland.
We took wine by the glass which was about the same price as a lowest priced bottle (50 Euros). Altogether we paid 180 Euros for two, for a rather ordinary meal (OK we did not realize my wife's 52 Euros sole was not discounted, so we could have reduced it to 150 with some other fish).
Altogether a disappointment.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

London
“Forgetful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Ok, going to be blunt. Exhausted after our wedding so on day one of honeymoon headed across the road to this seafood restaurant from our hotel - Le Burgundy. Great food. Superior quality seafood and some genuine canny buys on the wine list. But the staff seemed to have their attention elsewhere. Forgot the crab from our seafood platter; took over 25 minutes to take our wine order; left the aioli on the table for half an hour before food arrived. Not sure what's going on in Goumard, but the quality of the food just doesn't correlate with the service. Such a shame! Adjacent Italian/French table (of 2!) had a bill of over €700 having ordered mega wine and even more splendid seafood platter...and they were treated just the same.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Over rated and poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The food is only average but you'll pay $50 to $75 for your meal without drinks. And when they find out you are American, they'll stuff you in a corner and ignore you. I just returned from three weeks in France where I had many fabulous meals and many great experiences. This was not one of them.

This place seems to be very popular with the hotels and the concierges right now. The staff at our hotel strongly recommended this place and they seemed genuinely shocked when we said we didn't care for it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“OVER-RATED”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

So disappointing. Our service was good. Food was adequate. So many better options in Paris!! Had the Dover Sole. Tasty but not deboned.

London, England
“Good food, not amazing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went here for dinner on a Sunday night. For my starter I had the sushi rolls and for my main I had the cod and for desert we shared a choclate tart. Lovely tasting food, but I wouldnt say it was amazing. As usual in Paris, we were let down by the service. Staff were not very attentive - we were kept waiting, we had to top our own glasses up.

• Visited August 2012