“Lovely little restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fish (la Boissonnerie)

Fish (la Boissonnerie)
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Lovely little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

A friend recommended this restaurant in Saint Germain and I'm so glad I went! We arrived a few minutes before 7 and after some slight confusion as to why the door could not open (cos it was locked), we were told that they open at 7. Alrighty then. So we loitered around the area for 10 minutes before making our way back.

My french vocabulary was limited to "bon jour" and my dining companion was a tad better, so we were pleasantly surprised and very appreciative of our very friendly (and pretty, I might add) waitress who took the trouble to explain every single entree and main course in the menu, which was only in french. After ordering a very nice bottle of beujelais, we both decided to have the foie gras terrine starter and rabbit thigh main course. The starter was spot on and simply a party in the mouth with the explosion of flavours from the foie gras terrine, citrus compote and what I believe to be a water cress salad drizzled with aged balsamic. Simply fantastic and a great start to the meal.
The rabbit was ok, IMHO and strangely, it did really taste like chicken, laden with a bernaise sauce. :P

I chose the vanilla panacotta dessert, which I had been eyeing ever since I saw the menu and didn't go wrong there either. Truly a wonderful end to a great meal. Wasn't cheap, but wasn't expensive either at EUR35 for the 3-course meal. I would definitely return if I have more time in Paris. Most of all, the excellent meal was accompanied by a very attentive and helpful waitress. So, thank you Margaux, for helping us have an outstanding dinner experience in Paris.

Don't forget to make a booking. The place was packed when we were leaving!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We went to lunch here after the original restaurant we were planning to go to was randomly closed for the day, it was a great find! I found it through Patricia Well's food lover's guide to Paris app which I also highly recommend getting ($5). The restaurant decor is very Parisian and it seemed like there were a lot of locals coming in. They did not have an English menu so we had to decipher what we could but the waitress was helpful in explaining things. I had a green been salad with some kind of squash which was the best salad I've had in my recent memory, then the cod which was great. My boyfriend had the soup and then cachon, delicious as well! I hope to return on my next trip to Paris.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Worth ur euro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Excellent value. Innovative chef. Slow service but worth the wait.
Great desserts.
Need reservation or get there when it opens and opt for the bar dining. Across the street, good sandwich shop and also another fancier restaurant belongs to same owner. Worth checking out!

Visited December 2012
Bruxelles
“A real culinary journey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had dinner at the Fish in a gloomy november night.

As soon as we entered the Fish, the gloominess disappear.

Friendly and smily staff welcome us and found us a table in the busy but charming restaurant.
The menu prepared by the Japanese/French chefs changes everyday and offer a large variety of choice (for a very good price/quality ratio).
The wine list is very impressive (they also have different wine shops).

A great place for a nice romantic dinner or for sharing great food and wine with friends.

If on the menu, the Vanilla Pannacotta with Mango ice cream and red fruits should not be missed. One of the best desserts I've ever had (and I had many !)

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Herzliya, Israel
“Lively atmosphere, great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

What we loved most about this place is the lively, trendy atmosphere, with the different "fish art" on the walls, but beware - if you are not a crowd lover - during the late evening it was absolutely packed. The food was good and reasonably priced, though for the same price we also had more luxurious meals in Paris. All in all it was a great experience.