“Unbelievably good luck (and duck!) from a "walk-by let's try"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Domaine de Lintillac

Domaine de Lintillac
54, rue Blanche, Paris, France (Opéra)
01 48 74 84 36
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5,600 of 13,456 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Opéra
“Unbelievably good luck (and duck!) from a "walk-by let's try"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were walking in a light rain from Ave. de l'Opera north to find a place to eat after a long day of site-seeing. Passed up several possible choices when we stumbled upon this at 10, rue. St. Augustin, 75002, and decided to give it a try.

WOW! Homey, warm atmosphere with toasters on the tables, and a menu laden with mostly duck choices prepared different ways. The starter, a foie gras, was moist, buttery, and delicious. For my main course, I had arguably the best magret of duck I've ever eaten: large, pink, succulent. The accompanying potato dish was to die for! The prices were very reasonable, and the wine selection more than adequate.

My only regret was that we weren't able to get back for one more meal before we left. In my view, it was the best dinner we had in Paris. Highly recommend for anyone who enjoys duck.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto
“A sublime duck experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We went to this restaurant because we were walking north on rue Blanche, towards Montmartre, when we noticed a restaurant that had been recommended by Zagat.

Each table had a toaster on it - I'd never seen that one before.

My partner had the salad gourmande, while I had foie gras, cassoulet and a glass of sauterne.

The food was divine and reasonably priced, and the service was good too.

We will definitely go again the next time we are in Paris.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Go somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Based on the menu, I was hoping for a transcendent duck experience, but was very much disappointed. We started by sharing a trio of foie gras (truffle, walnut, and ham), which were very underwhelming, small, and overpriced. I remember thinking the 5 euro piece of foie gras I purchased in a supermarket a few days earlier was far superior in every way. However, the toasters were fun to use, fresh toast and mediocre foie gras is still pleasing.

I then ordered the breast of fattened mulard duck with sarladaise potatoes for my main. I wanted it to be cooked medium rare, I was told that wasn't possible. I took the chance hoping they knew what they were doing, unfortunately they didn't. it came out overcooked, dry on the inside with soggy skin, and COLD. I was severely disappointment to say the least. Overall, the prices were very reasonable, however unfortunately you are getting what you pay for. Try somewhere else.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lander, Wyoming
“Good Duck and Potatoes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Not a place for people who don't like Duck. I think everything on the menu was duck.

I had duck with Sarladaise potatoes. It was excellent. My wife had duck with apples which was only okay. I would definitely go back for the Sarladaise potatoes. Prices are very reasonable for Paris.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Split, Croatia
“Tasty food, decent prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

We went there because I came accross some nice reviews on the web and it turned out to be just fine. The place is not big, just an average size restaurant with small tables, prompt service, menues available in few languages other than French. While the food is rather traditional, well done and inexpencive, it does seem like the place is becoming more exposed to the tourists instead the locals. They have excellent selection of affordable wines, so you should taste them.

• 4 of 5 stars Food