“Nice Little Bistro in Montparnasse” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice Little Bistro in Montparnasse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Our Hotel (Hotel Le Six) recommended this restaurant, which is juts across the street from the hotel. Food was OK but not memorable; only dish we had that particularly stood out was a fish in lobster sauce that was very good. The owner also offered us at the end of the meal a Liqeur de Verveine, which was definitely a special digestif we liked a lot. Service was very fast - we were in and out in just over an hour, even though the restaurant was not entirely full. Nice neighbourhood-type place to go if you are staying at the Hotel Le Six and don't want to go very far but not exceptional.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Jersey
“4 days in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Booked a table at the last minute and had our most enjoyable evening out during this visit. The food was excellent and the atmosphere created by the owner was superb. We were made to feel very welcome almost part of the family. The menu choices were very good with some excellent specials all at a reasonable price. Overall 10/10 was good value in comparison to other establishments we visited.

Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Preface - I love to eat. This is my first restaurant review. My wife and I stayed across the street in the Hotel Le Six (great place too!) and the concierge made us a reservation on request. When we got into the Chez Marcel we were worried about the close proximity to the other patrons, but thats what makes this place so amazing! You get talking to complete strangers who are friendly and the waitstaff is the friendliest group of people we ever encountered! They were able to give you every detail in English and were not the slightest bit annoyed with having to do so. We stayed for over two hours talking, laughing, meeting new people and drinking wine and were never rushed once! It was so good we made another reservation for the next night too! My wife had two different fish dishes each night and I enjoyed the pig's feet (something I thought I would never try in my life!). Such great food and a great experience! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE CHEZ MARCEL!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bonnyrigg, Scotland
“Great food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Good traditional French food, staff a hoot! And very helpful. Full of locals so you have to book. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited April 2014
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

A fabulous way to celebrate my 40th and the additional surprise of getting engaged too! Lovely staff and very traditional and tasty food.

Visited April 2014