“good food, good price, good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chez Clement - Saint Michel

Chez Clement - Saint Michel
9 Place Saint Andre des Arts, 75006 Paris, France (Luxembourg)
+33 1 56 81 32 00
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Chez Clement - Saint Michel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,584 of 13,462 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Luxembourg
northern Illinois, USA
“good food, good price, good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at the Chez Clement in late March. We ate here on our "jet lag" day. We arrived in Paris around noon, and we ate here for supper. Although we were exhausted from our long flight, we wanted to stay on Paris time, so we stopped here around 6:30 p.m. We were pleasantly surprised. I had the onion soup, baked chicken and chocolate mousse...all extremely good. It was rather chilly, and we ate indoors. I would visit here again without hesitation.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Los Angeles, California
“Perfect rotisserie dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Met up with my friend and her Parisian boyfriend who both live nearby here for dinner and it was surprisingly delicious! She made the reservations and her bf was en route so we settled into a nice corner booth and drank kir peches and were given snack mix to tide us over until he arrived.

I used to study abroad in Paris and thought this place was somewhat touristy since it was located at St. Michel. If I had to describe it to my American family members, I'd liken it to a semi-fancy Marie Callender's. Very homey inside. Their house specialties are rotisserie cooked meats. I went with the "rotisserie de volailles". Basically a plate of rotisserie poultry, it came with chicken and duck and a big serving of mashed potatoes. It was delicious and filling and probably the biggest meal I've ever had in Paris.

For dessert, the boyfriend suggested the profiteroles were their specialty, so I had those and it did not disappoint: 3 profiteroles with vanilla ice cream inside and topped with chocolate sauce. So. Good. I'd definitely come here again if I was in the area and hankering for a hefty meal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“If gluttony is a sin then this restaurant is a sin enabler.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

If gluttony is a sin then this restaurant is a sin enabler.
I could of eaten all day and there was a lot on the menu that really tempted so much so I could not choose. For a starter I had the salad with bacon lardons. Very tasty and some nice combinations of flavours the bitter salad leaves combined well with the rich bacon flavour. My main was the grill platter consisting of the fattest piece of sausage I have ever seen, ribs, beef and about a quarter of a small chicken that had been on the rotisserie. The chicken was so good full of flavour that I wished almost that I had gone for the bigger version of this.

Others in the group of 6 ordered from what I remember the Onion Soup, Winkles, Cottage Pie, Hake in Bacon I cannot remember it all though. Everyone pretty much enjoyed. I think the least tasty meal of the 6 was the Hake maybe didn’t quite work but still fine.

Wine was good, service was great, my only complaint would be the low seating – probably the difference between a 4 and 5 star review. I am about 6 foot 3ish and the seats we where sat in where to close to the ground.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Rosa
“A wonderful dinner for our last night in Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Best part was the setting on a lovely tree-sheltered plaza. We were at the window in the enclosed porch. It must have been romantic, because my boyfriend and I held hands until the food started arriving. Great people watching of passersby and the people sitting at outside tables (especially the man who was trying to impress his date and control his large dog -- unsuccessfully -- at the same time.) After 10 months, I can't remember which menu items we chose, but everything was delicious. The service was attentive, but at a relaxed pace that Americans often do not appreciate. The prior three evenings, we had eaten at less expensive, smaller bistros, where the food tasted as though it came from Costco and had just been nuked. We were ready to spend more for better food, and Chez Clement did not disappoint. We thought that by Paris standards, the value was good. It may have helped a little bit that I spoke French.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Semarang, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
“felt like glutony”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I decided to eat to kill time, waiting for the shuttle bus to CDG, at the very last minute (bus was scheduled at 16.20 and i start eating at 15.40). I was planning to try something new (and a bit fancy for myself). Saw this restaurant across the street and find the cheapest menu. when i got in, the waitresses greeted me really well. I chose the menu (appetizer, entree and dessert) for 20 euros. the first waitress brought me a french menu-i dont speak or read french-another waitress took the initiative to bring me the english one, and then i can order.
the food was a little to much for me, i didnt finish half of my entree (but then i asked to take away, they didnt gave me any bag, just the container). it was sort of an oily but really delicious duck and I was chugging the dessert (chocolate icecream) for the very last drop, since i dont want to let my money go to waste. Overall, the experience was pretty average. you eat, you finish, you pay. but any who, i felt really full! felt like glutony.

• Visited March 2013