“Posh” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Cinq

Le Cinq
31, avenue George V | Four Seasons Hotel George V, 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Elysees)
+33 (1) 49 52 71 54
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Le Cinq is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 13,870 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Moscow, Russia
“Posh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent a dinner in the restaurant. We ordered foie gras and rabbit, they very fantastic. We've been offered so many compliments during the dinner! Definitely recommend at least for the antique interior. Be ready that it's quite pricey - we spent 300euros on foie gras, 2 rabbits, 2 Chablis glasses, 2 coffees. But it was definitely worth it

Visited September 2013
fsgeorgev, Manager at Le Cinq, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience in our restaurant Le Cinq!
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your dinner and appreciated every moment of it!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon at Le Cinq.
Warmest Regards,
Director of Food and Beverage

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
“Impeccable fine French food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Known as the best French restaurant in town, Le Cinq has delivered more than what is on the menu. High quality food, needless to say, but contrary to common belief of French food being small portioned and unwilling, Le Cinq's dishes are in sufficient portions with finess maintained in each and every one of them. Services were impeccable and the dining experience was truly one of a kind. If you want an authentic French culinary arts experience, this is the place to go to.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
fsgeorgev, Manager at Le Cinq, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your experience at "Le Cinq".
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the service! Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.
We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
Warmest Regards,
Director of Food & Beverage
Four Seasons Hotel George V
Saint Louis, Missouri
“over rated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

they will ignore food allergies. they are more intrigued with their own artistry of presentation. most expensive dinner ever had. they apoligized for serving us the food we asked them not to, however they kept bring food and our total bill. needless to say, we left early.

Visited September 2013
fsgeorgev, Manager at Le Cinq, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to our restaurant Le Cinq.
I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced in our restaurant. I sincerely do regret that we did not live up to your expectations.
I have sent you an email on September 13th as we hope to regain your confidence as we value your patronage.

Kindest Regards,

Food and Beverage Director
Four Seasons Hotel George V
Carefree, Arizona
“At your service, madame”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were in Paris for three nights before a cruise on the Seine to Normandy. When my friend asked me what the experiences were that I would regret not doing while in the city, I said having a drink at the Georges V in order to see the lobby flowers by Jeff Leatham. He did me one better and offered dinner at Le Cinq. It was the most fabulous dinner I ever expect to enjoy.
Our table was strewn with white peony blossoms interspersed with with votive candles. We had three well trained waiters and servers looking after us with the exact amount of attention and privacy. Two people in our party shared a lamb dish that had roasted for hours and came out in a trolley and was carved expertly at the table. Another had veal with the same presentation and I had an amazing fish entree.
I tried to write in my journal everything that we enjoyed, but there were so many courses and frequent amuses bouche that I couldn't recall everything. We were celebrating two birthdays so there was a joyeux anniversaire dessert and then another cart of mignardises to choose from and take with us when we left in lovely logo boxes.
The head waiter took a photo of our group and brought back a thank you card with two copies of the photo, one for each couple.
The experience fits every superlative category I can think of: the best service, wine, food, decor,romance, special occasion and companions.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Mississippi
“Unbelievable Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I along with my sister had dinner at Le Cinq in the George V hotel. It was stunningly beautiful and the waitstaff was the best trained I have ever seen. The chef unfortunately had just returned from Japan and a number of his dishes were Japanese inspired. I came for french food and I was disappointed in the summer menu. You had to either order the menu or a la carte. I did not mind the a la carte but there were somethings on the summer menu that were not on the other. So we all three had the summer menu. The octopus made me sick and it was extremely hot in the restaurant which made me summarily run to the bathroom . . . The staff was perfect and the wine list was the biggest I have ever seen. I hate that the meal was bad. I will go back and try again. In the winter when it is cooler.

• Visited August 2013