“Don't order a starter - go for the pizza” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Saint-Maur-des-Fossés, Ile-de-France, France
“Don't order a starter - go for the pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I had read the reviews and decided to go to Chez Bartolo Saturday evening. Not possible to book on Saturdays so we turned up at 19.10 to be sure to get a table. We both ordered the mushroom as a starter and pasta for my husband and pizza for me. The mushrooms were such a disappointment and I actually started laughing when I got the plate. Just a small ordinary plate with plain white sliced mushrooms and some shreeded parmasan cheese on top plus a half lemon on the side. Not only did it look booring, it was also extremely booring and dry to eat. And each small plate of sliced cold mushrooms with a bit of parmasan on the top costed 14 euros each!!! The pizza and pasta was fine, not exceptionel but fine. My recommendation: go there for a pizza but forget the starter.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Best Italian this side of Naples”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Chez Bartolo on a Wednesday afternoon after a long day of wandering around the street of Paris.

We were a little (quite) underdressed (walking boots, jeans, tshirts and rain coats) however were welcomed in and seated immediately. The service was initially a little frosty with the waiter dismissing our request (in french) for a menu in English with a rather angsty 'non!'

Regardless of this, we ordered our pizzas and a Nastro Azzuro each. These were delivered promptly and the pizzas were absolutely divine! Top tip, the chilli oil has a lot more kick to it than others I've had in pizzerias!

A bill of 60? was delivered to the table and whilst this seems quite steep and we probably wouldnt normally pay quite this much for so little food, it was incredibly good food!

We'll come back here if we're ever in Paris again, potentially dressed more appropriately though!

Hong Kong, China
“Pizza with Pizzazz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Really excellent pizza in this great part of town. A good selection of wine by the glass and a generous poor as well. Lunchtime crowd was local business people and friends shopping in the area. Great atmosphere. The pizza fresh and perfectly balanced and the older guy making them looked a real pro. Worth the trip to eat here - for dinner I would imagine the mood is even better.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium
“Chez Bartolo, the best Italian restaurant in Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel receptionist. Chez Bartolo is a rather small restaurant, but this makes it more cosy. We had the best pizza ever and also the spaghetti a lemon was delicious. Everything is freshly made - also the tiramisu we had afterwords. This restaurant is not touristic at all, mostly filled by locals.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I ate here last night to see how pizza in Paris tasted--it was good. I arrived without a reservation at 7:30p, but I was given a table and ignored for several minutes eventhough there were only two other diners. However, the place soon filled up with mostly locals. I paid 23 euros for 1 Italian beer and the Regina pizza (ham, mushrooms, & tomatoes). As I was leaving I noticed a couple other Italian restaurants on that tucked away street. Maybe I'll try a different Italian restaurant on that street later.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere