“Great food at trendy locale” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barlotti - CLOSED

Barlotti
35 place du marche Saint Honore, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)
Phone
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great food at trendy locale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

This is high end Italian food with a great bar selection in a trendy Paris atmosphere. Value is teriffic for Paris. Outdoor dining phenomenal for people watching. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Paris, France
“Complete waste of time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

My wife and I live in Paris now and love the Sunday brunch routine. We heard that Barlotti was nice and given the location thought we would try it with my daughter and her boyfriend when they were in town visiting us. Things did not start well as we are greated at the front door by one of those prettier than you and I hostesses who behaves like she is an Oscar winner just for being there. It went downhill from there. Our table was in the basement. I will give it credit for interesting decor but the tables are cramped, the place was unbearabley hot (when have you ever been relieved to get into the "fresh air" of Paris and the food and service were equally bad. The only comic relieve was watching everybody trying to pour their orange juice from a container where you could not put the glass below it properly as the container was too low. Need less to say the table was covered by OJ. I wonder how many years they have allowed this to be the case. Do not do Sunday brunch at this place.

Visited March 2011
Detroit
“Hidden Gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

My boyfriend and I (we're early 30s from the US) really enjoyed our whole experience at Barlotti. We got their late and it was us with 2 or 3 other tables, our concierge at the Hilton Arc got us in despite the late hour . The decor was very unique, the tall stone walls and red lighting made me feel I was dining in an Egyptian palace. I understand a lot of restaurants are hit or miss so I understand the other reviews opinions, but we thought our food was fantastic and our server was great!! Even the bathrooms are gorgeous, especially compared to the ancient basement bathrooms most places have. I came away from there very pleased with everything including the value (130 euro including wine). I highly recommend it!.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
France
“Avoid this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I've been at Barlotti today as I trust Tripadvisor reviews, however was very disappointed by their food. Deco is very nice though and service is ok, but they really need to work on the quality of their kitchen as the pasta I've ordered their was impossible to eat. It was rather expensive and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
st Louis
“Fabulous Italian cusine in Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We craved something different after a week in Paris and asked our concierge about a good Italian restaurant. She suggested this. It is near the Vendome area in the 1st Arondisement - it is in a little square and looks like a small venue until you go inside. There is outdoor dining too, but it was too chilly for us.
We enjoyed a good bottle of Chianti and a bottle of sparkling water. both pasta dishes were cooked to perfection and the sauce was brilliant. One was a spicy red sauce and the other was Carbonnara. The salad was small but good. We enjoyed a sorbet that was layered with fresh raspberries and fresh whipped cream and raspberry coulis.
It has 2 levels. It is dimly lit with eccentirc lighting.
The walls have an Arabic look to them, like the wall of the Alhambra. We enjoyed the ambiance and food very much.

• 5 of 5 stars Food