“Perfect hotel for a short stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #130 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Almere, The Netherlands
“Perfect hotel for a short stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

on our way back home we decided to stop in Paris for a night. Visited the city and stayed in this hotel. We had 2 rooms: one with bathroom/toilet, the other with the toilet separate in the bedroom.
Quiet surrounding (although my night was disturbed with some very loud movie noise from the street. I don't know if it was someone in the hotel with the window open).
Parking around the hotel is free in the evening and on Sundays.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel is owned by a really nice and caring family. They have gone above and beyond to make our stay here amazing. Located a bit outside the center but really easy access to a nearby metro stop, grocery store and nice restaurants. Would recommend for couples and families. We will stay here next time for sure!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

The Hotel Donjon is a small, family run hotel with very friendly staff who were always willing to take the time to provide us with advice on where to eat, directions on where to go, etc. and make our stay as enjoyable as possible. The single rooms are cosy (definitely large enough for one person), modern (most have been recently renovated we were told) and comfortable. The hotel is not located on a main road so all was fairly quiet at night. Also, the hotel is located close to two metro stops (Chateau de Vincennes and Berault) on Line 1, which takes you directly to stops in the center of Paris such as the Louvre, Rue de Rivoli, Etoile,etc. Although some people do not like small hotels such as this in which the rooms are so close to one another that you can hear everything that goes on outside your room, if this does not bother you, I highly recommend this hotel. And the price is right too as I was able to get a special weekend rate through Booking.com of 60 Euros per night plus 9 Euros for breakfast. Not bad for Paris!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Bern, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

This modestly priced hotel in a quiet, historic location (14th-century royal castle within 100 metres), near metro line heading straight for heart of Paris (five-minute walk to station) is managed by a friendly family eager to please its guests. Currently the hotel is semi-renovated; rooms are clean and well equipped, with attention to detail (e.g. with good reading lamps over bed-head); some re-carpeting, paintwork and insulation still needed - but it won't be long before this is one of the pleasantest hotels within its category. The lobby is a spacious, comfortable place to read a newspaper and sip coffee while waiting for the rain to stop. If you are fortunate enough to have reasonably behaved guests in the neighbouring room - always an unknown factor - then you cannot go wrong by staying here when in Paris on a low budget. Providing you are sensitive to old-world charm (stucco ceilings), don't mind small shower-rooms (I've rarely found a large one in Paris) and creaking floorboards (that too is part of the hotel's history); internet connexions, flat-screen TV, hairdryers all up to date - and anything missing will be provided at the reception desk (where some one is present around the clock). I shall certainly be returning here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This is a wonderful hotel. Great and helpful staff. I was extremely pleased with the cleanliness of the Hotel. Also the location to the metro and center of Paris is good. The location of the hotel is also in a good neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I came to Paris for a conference by myself as well as some rest. Not knowing that the French Open was also taken place in Paris during the same week I was going, a lot of the hotels within my price range was fully booked. I finally found this hotel in tripadvisor well within the price range I was hoping for and close to the Metro. The only concern was that it's supposed to be an inn which I was skeptic about and it's on the outskirt of Paris...

However, this place could not have been lovelier with the customer service. I arrived on a Sunday afternoon around 12pm and even though the young gentleman at the front desk spoken English was minimal, he could not be more nicer in helping with everything I need to know about the hotel and the neighborhood. He immediately informed me when my room was ready so I was able to take a shower before going out to Paris to do my sightseeing. The room is typical European standard with a small closet but the bathroom is huge by European standard, the only reason I gave this hotel a 4 stars is because there is no curtain at the bath tub and whenever I took a shower, I had to be very careful not to wet the floor since all the water were flying out of the tub and thus always created a small puddle whenever I am finished...all the basic amenities are in the room but no refreigerator. Bed is comfortable but since I am a tiny little bit of a clean freak, I hoped one day they will change it to white comforter in the future since the wool blanket creeps me out a little bit since it's a bit old, other than that, the place is pretty clean. During the weekday - there is a lovely young lady that was also very helpful from sending my postcards to re-arranging my bills which I could not ask for more.

The elevator is situated a bit weird since it goes in-between floors where you have to walk up a couple of steps every floor you get off to get to your room. I guessed because it's an old building and that's the only way to put in the elevator...it wasn't much of a problem for me since I have a small luggage but will be a bit of a struggle if you have a bigger luggage.

I took the RER train from the airport to the hotel since I read on the reviews that's it's not far from train station and since I didn't have a big luggage, it was not bad for me to walk from the station to the hotel which is about a 10 minute walk but maybe a bit of a challenge if you have a big suitcase since there is no elevator at the train station. Going to Paris from the hotel station is about 15 minutes the most using the Metro and the Metro is literally 3 blocks away and the surrounding area has a nice Monoprix and Franprix which are popular Parisian supermarkets and nice restaurants nearby if you want to eat near the hotel. Even though everything is usually closed in Paris on Sunday, the Franprix in this neighborhood was opened on Sunday so I was get to get bottles of water that I need for the week! The area is in a very safe quiet residential area and even though I came back every night around 11pm by myself, I felt really safe in the neighborhood.

Breakfast at the hotel is 9 euros and was not bad since they have hot beverages, fresh croissants, breads, ham, cheese,...etc in a nice eating area. Since eating in Parisian is not cheap, for the price that you are paying for all you can eat, I thought it was worth it.

Overall - the hotel is not bad at all if you are on a budget and not planning to spend much time in the room and it definitely has the customer service of a 5 star hotel which I very much appreciated!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Tauranga, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Very pleased with this hotel, from the moment we arrived with a friendly bonjour to the moment we had to leave :-(( the receptionist was very helpful with all the best places to visit and the best way to get there, the room & bathroom were clean, nice & peaceful at night, the location was good, only a few minutes walk to a major castle & to local town centre that had a local market selling allsorts the day we visited, will be telling all our friends & family good things about this hotel when we get home

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Donjon Vincennes? Share your experiences!