“A WEE GEM” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel De La Paix Montparnasse

Save Saved
You added Hotel De La Paix Montparnasse to your Saves list
Hotel De La Paix Montparnasse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Boulevard Raspail, 75014 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Ranked #201 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A WEE GEM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had the most wonderful three days in this lovely hotel. Everything about it was perfect from the location to the friendly staff and gorgeous rooms. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and thoroughly recommend it to everyone who visits Paris. Incidentally, if you are looking for a straightforward no fuss place to eat you could do worse than a wee Italian called La Mamma which is just down from the hotel. Turn right and follow the road down past the red canopy of La Rotonde and it's first street on the left. looks like nothing outside but food is delicious and very reasonably priced, especially by Montparnasse standards.In any case we loved this hotel and would defo stay here again.

429 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Hiroshima, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have stayed here for the past two summers and we liked it so much that we can't really think about staying anywhere else. The hotel itself is elegant, I would even say chic as far as the rooms go. The rooms are small, but this is Paris and space is at a premium. But it's not at all uncomfortable. Bathrooms are big enough, nothing feels cramped. This year breakfast is now a buffet, but it's the same price and you can't beat the deal. The staff is great. Friendly, welcoming, ready to help, but also ready to leave you on your own if that's what you want.
I love the neighborhood, it's a more laid-back section of Montparnasse. But it's convenient to transportation, and you can find plenty of action down the way. Restaurants in the neighborhood are great, there's a laundromat around the corner, a small grocery store around the corner. There's bakery right next to the hotel, but since we go in August it's been closed. I can't think of anything I wasn't happy with. I slept like a log, the bed was great. Got air-conditioning, but both years the weather has been so gorgeous we didn't need it. We slept with the window open and there wasn't any noise to keep us awake.
Can't wait to go back.I want to try it out in the fall or even around Christmas.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here with our 9-month baby. The hotel staff was very friendly and gave us a lot of useful information about Paris. Although there is no refrigerator in the room, they let us store our baby food in their refrigerator in the kitchen. The room is very modern and clean. The size is somewhat small but they provide a competitive price. Location is good. very close to subway. I would definitely consider to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my spouse for the last week of August.
This really is a lovely hotel run by a kind, gentle, and helpful staff.
The decor is adorable, it's easy to get to the sights from here by metro or bus, and the neighborhood itself has loads of excellent restaurants and cafes nearby.
The bed was verrrrrry comfortable. Even more so than our bed at home, and it was easy to regulate the temperature of the room. Since I like it colder than my wife, she wanted the extra blanket. Our first extra blanket was a little scratchy, so it was swapped out promptly and cheerfully by the nice lady who cleaned our room every day for one that was soft.
Our room was spotlessly clean and had a great window that opened easily with a view of the street in front.
The only small caveat I had was that the room was quite small. It was not easy to navigate around the bed and there wasn't much room for our stuff. That being said, space for us was not a priority, and we did reserve one of the smaller rooms. I seem to recall from the website that they have larger rooms available as well.
The bill at the end was exactly what I expected to pay. There were no hidden charges tacked on.
Breakfast was good and plentiful. Most cafes in the area will charge between 7 - 10 euros for a "Petit Dejeuner Formule" - a prix-fix breakfast consisting of a croissant, a piece of buttered, toasted baguette, jam and a hot beverage, sometimes with a glass of orange juice, sometimes not. With HdlP's breakfast, 9 euros gets you all the above plus yogurt, ham, cheese, a selection of cereals, and probably one or two other things I didn't see. It's also buffet-style, so you can eat as much as you like.
I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice, adorable, authentically Parisan place to stay in a great location at a good price.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

very nice small hotel in a good location. the family room was convience for a couple with 2 children in Paris terms. the desine of the hotel is very nice but a bove all the hotel team and specially the reception group were very good and very helpfull. the onlt think I would like to suggest is to improve the breakfast and its not a big deal.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, I would suggest to take a room with the garden view and not the street
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

A fantastic bijou hotel ideally located close to the Raspail métro stop in Montparnasse. The recently refurbished rooms take nothing away from the atmosphere and the lobby, though not at all Parisean, has a distinctly haut couture flavour with its antique/steam punk/Scottish highland decor (believe it or not, it does work beautifully!).
The Madame at reception was fantastic: friendly, obliging, and always smiling. No request was too difficult - from ironing boards to afternoon coffees, to directions, we were left feeling glad that we'd asked.
The petit dejuner buffet, which we did not have, looked great and was a good price for Paris standards at €9 per person.
We would certainly stay here again. A wonderful weekend.

• Stayed August 2013
Clarksdale, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I really enjoyed the location of the hotel. It is in a very quiet part of town with very little traffic, but is quite near two convenient metro stops. At the closest, the Raspiel stop, you can catch the subway, line 4, to one part of the city and at the Notre Dame des-Champs stop, you can catch line 12 to the rest of the important sites. Also, there are some very nice restaurants within a couple of blocks, including La Cupoule, Tavola di Gio and Le Bar à Huitres. There is also the famous Dome, but I have not eaten there. Also, within a block or two you can find a nicely stocked little grocery store, several pastry shops and a self-service laundry. It is also quite easy to get there. From the Charles de Gaulle Airport you can take the B3 train, located at the train station within the terminal, all the way to the Denfert Rochereau stop, which is only one subway stop from the Raspail stop, and you are right at your hotel.

This was probably the most friendly hotel I've ever stayed in. All the persons at the desk and the young lady who served breakfast were always smiling and courteous and ready to help you with anything.

The hotel was small and charming, with a nice sitting area in the front. Wi-Fi is included, and I had a good signal on the 5th floor. The rooms I stayed in were a bit small, but everything was nice and clean and the air conditioning worked very well. I stayed there a total of 9 nights and would certainly stay there on a return trip.

Room Tip: I stayed in the smallest room and the larger room. I would pay a little more for the larger room wi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel De La Paix Montparnasse? Share your experiences!