“Hotel Lumen Lourve” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #348 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Hotel Lumen Lourve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Small rooms, but all else is great about this hotel. Very friendly staff and wonderful service and a bottle of wine welcomes you to the hotel. Location is just awesome, with the Louvre museum just 2 minutes walk away. Nice bathroom amenities though very small. Also it is very close to Line 1 of the metro and thus very convenient for travel through out the city. Also the Cityrama offices are 1 minute away and is very convenient if want to book tours of the city and disneyland. The departures are from there also.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Think small rooms, and you'll think of hotel Lumen. Eveything else is good about the hotel: location good beds, nice bathroom amenities from Hermes, a bottle of wine to welcome you....
Staff is very friendly, except for the grumpy guy with glasses in the restaurant. But it may just have not been his day...

Room Tip: 5th floor, away from the front of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed at the hotel lumen it was very friendly and comfortable we found the resturant very good value and the staff were very friendly we would recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: We had a suite and we found it very comfortable .
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
College Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This was our second stay at the Lumen, and we had one of the Business Suites. Separate bedroom, smallish bathroom with tub, and really complicated shower controls.
The Lumen is a kinky little property, very well run, in the heart of the 1st arrondisement. Location, location, location. Very helpful front desk staff. We walked everywhere. Two blocks from the Louvre and Tuilleries. The hotel could use some freshening, but is very well priced. Included breakfast very good.

Room Tip: Get a suite. We've heard the rooms are quite small. Higher floors, facing the St. Eglise Church...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

The Lumen Hotel in Paris is a special place.
I travelled on business to the Lumen and I have to say that as a Lady travelling by herself I was very impressed by how safe I felt and how easy I was able to reach the hotel.
From Gare De Nord it is extremely easy to reach , less than 15 minutes and one change and you’re right there. Located not even 5 min walk from the Pyramids Tube station.
I checked into my lovely room which had everything I needed to feel extremely comfortable. Went to the Oscar Restaurant in-house and it was amazing, felt welcomed from the minute I walked in, I was looked after until I left as well (if not better) as everyone else. Sometimes as a single lady travelling alone you tend to get pushed into corners or sat around the outside, my amazing waiter made sure I was at the heart of everything which made a refreshing change. The clientele were a mixture of locals, American, German and English guests. The food was just wonderful and fresh (the best I had during my stay in Paris) I wish I had eaten there more than just once.
The breakfast was served in the restaurant as well and was lovely, plenty of choice.
Thanks again to the staff and everybody at the hotel and restaurant. I work in the travel industry and have seen many hotels during my 10 years’ experience but I felt extremely comfortable in the Lumen without speaking a word French, still finding my way around easily.
I will hopefully return to the Lumen when I visit Paris again soon on leisure and have found my new favourite place to stay. The only reason I’ll look elsewhere is if they’re too busy to take me which will hopefully never happen. Top marks for The Lumen

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel just for one night as we were transiting through Paris. We had booked it after having read about it in a book called "Cool Hotels of Europe".

We stayed in the Zen suite which is located at the very top of the building and is the room featured in the opening page of this site. It has a very large spa which dominates the room (God only knows how they got it in there). They make very ingeneous use of the reamining space with a downstairs shower, just inside the entry.

The room was comfortable and light but had obviously seen some very good nights previously with some significant signs of wear and tear, however it appears that all of the rooms are undergoing a complete revamp.

I note that some of the other reviews have commented on the miniscule nature of the rooms. Unfortuantely that is pretty much par for the course in Paris. This suite is certainly larger and comfortable.

The service, it has to be said was outstanding. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble.

The breakfast was adequate but not as good as some others we've had in Paris. It is served in the room adjacent to the hotel which serves as a resturant /cafe during the day and night.

The location is sensational, with very convienent access to just about everything you need to see in Paris. As a boutique hotel it suffers from a lack of a car/taxi reception bay (we had to be dropped off across the road by the taxi), but it really was only a minor inconvienence.

Mainly because of the very welcoming reception and attitude of the staff we will almost certainly stay there in the future and will look forward to the rennovations.

Room Tip: Would suggest enquiring about suites rather than standard rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lumen P, Responsable commercial at Hotel Lumen, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre.
We are looking forward to welcome you again.
Addeline Surault
Sales manager
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Hotel Lumen is a small boutique hotel in a fabulous location, just minutes away from the Louvre! If your on a budget this place is great. It's small and has a funky ambiance. Our room was small and I believe some renovations were going down while we were there. Our head board was removed from the room. Bathroom is tiny but great shower and Hermes soap, shampoo was a plus. The concierge was super friendly and accomodating. They recommended restaurants and gave us directions, very helpful. I had some stomach issues and they arranged for a doctor to see me in our room in the middle of the night which was really great. Overall, we had a great stay and the service was good. Next time in Paris, we will probably go with a hotel that offers ammenities and is nicer but really no big complaints the hotel was just ok.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Lumen? Share your experiences!